The Official Comiclink Winter Featured Auction (Ends Mar 9)
1 1

177 posts in this topic

1,528 posts

Did I just see the Bryan Hitch Captain America Reborn # 1 DPS Cover end at $2,150?

Absolutely, the steal of the auction.  With the auction still going on......

Cheers!

N.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106 posts
9 minutes ago, Greenlake said:

I have a feeling I'll regret not going after that TMNT 66 cover. I don't know the current series or that market very well, so I chickened out at the last minute.  http://comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1233448

 

 

oh man tell me about it. even though its the new volume and a variant its still an awesome cover by the 1 and only. a steal just under $1200. damn internet lag and CL set up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,756 posts
Just now, dirtymartini1 said:

oh man tell me about it. even though its the new volume and a variant its still an awesome cover by the 1 and only. a steal just under $1200. damn internet lag and CL set up!

A great cover, love it.

RAD2CA8F2018116_121739.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,826 posts

Went 1/4 on the night, but loving the one piece I won. Technically I was 2/4 but the reserve kept me from winning. Absolute shame, loved the piece but the reserve price is/was stupid high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106 posts
9 minutes ago, NelsonAI said:

Did I just see the Bryan Hitch Captain America Reborn # 1 DPS Cover end at $2,150?

Absolutely, the steal of the auction.  With the auction still going on......

Cheers!

N.

Def agree. and 2 pages to boot. The TMNT cover went under, the Harley Quinn cover under $1`k. There were a bunch that left tons of meat on the bone.  If only uncle sam didnt want his money next month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,298 posts

 

2 minutes ago, dirtymartini1 said:

Def agree. and 2 pages to boot. The TMNT cover went under, the Harley Quinn cover under $1`k. There were a bunch that left tons of meat on the bone.  If only uncle sam didnt want his money next month

The Turtle cover was at market. Example with multiple turtles go for more no turtles for less but that piece was about right

Under 1k for a Harley Quinn v1 cover with a large image of her was a really poor result I thought. Took some discipline for me not to impulse bid on it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,826 posts
3 minutes ago, dirtymartini1 said:

oh man tell me about it. even though its the new volume and a variant its still an awesome cover by the 1 and only. a steal just under $1200. damn internet lag and CL set up!

I own a ton of Eastman art from the early mirage run. While the cover to 66 was nice, I wouldn't consider $1200 a steal. That's about what those covers run.  He's got the cover for 77 up on his site and it's sitting at $1120.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,180 posts

Not sure if I'll win anything this round, was able to grab something nice a few weeks back, and in their last featured auction so we'll see if that streak is still going.

Edited by DeadpoolJr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106 posts
2 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

I own a ton of Eastman art from the early mirage run. While the cover to 66 was nice, I wouldn't consider $1200 a steal. That's about what those covers run.  He's got the cover for 77 up on his site and it's sitting at $1120.

77 is a 4 dinosaur heads w no turtles. This one is full on Leo in a down poor w lighting and an archangel above him. Forget apples an oranges you are talking anchoivies and pepperoni.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148 posts
14 minutes ago, dirtymartini1 said:

oh man tell me about it. even though its the new volume and a variant its still an awesome cover by the 1 and only. a steal just under $1200. damn internet lag and CL set up!

At least it got me to notice that series has good reviews, and Eastman's site has other covers up. I just like this one more, and it's cheaper than most.

Edited by Greenlake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,826 posts
2 minutes ago, dirtymartini1 said:

77 is a 4 dinosaur heads w no turtles. This one is full on Leo in a down poor w lighting and an archangel above him. Forget apples an oranges you are talking anchoivies and pepperoni.

:baiting: 5 triceratons lol at least name race :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160 posts

I went pretty deep on the Batman 618 but lost out.  I may kick myself in the butt later, but the final ending price was more than I was willing to spend.  I did get to pick up that sweet sweet Walking Dead #24 Splash page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,046 posts

Sniped on the Cho Brandy illustration. Drat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,180 posts

Some healthy Moon Knight prices I noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,298 posts
26 minutes ago, Claudio said:

It doesn't get much better than that for a Batman fan, especially a BTAS fan. Very good price on it at under 10k... I would have bid to 12k ish if I didn't have my eyes on other prizes. I feel that is a 15k ish piece maybe more(probably 20k at heritage).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1