• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yusagi Yojimbo To Have New TV Anime Series

2 posts in this topic

I've been investigating the Albedo comics for a while and find, although they're not rare by comic standards as one would know on this site even though they're 30 years old, they appear to be a potentially up and coming collectible since the news of a TV series coming soon. (See ( http://www.mymbuzz.com/2018/02/08/usagi-yojimbo-optioned-by-gaumont-for-animated-tv-series/ )  Everyone knows the Albedo #2 is Yusagi Yojimbo's first appearance and one shows up on Ebay at $10,800??!!  A tad bit over the top in my opinion but hey, if there's a buyer at that price, go for it!  I have part of the run for Albedo, missing #s 1, 2 and 4 and stops at #13.  The #3 is Usagi's 2nd appearance.  I believe it won't be long before this comic becomes a 'must have' for speculators in the game because of the new series and the limited runs,

Albedo NR 1 (5-color cover) June 1984 - 500 Copies 
Albedo NR 1 (4-color cover) September 1984 - 1500 copies 
Albedo NR 2 November 1984 - 2000 copies 
Albedo NR 3 May 1985 - 10,000 copies 
Albedo NR 4 August 1985 - 6000 copies 

although, again, not a rare book on Ebay sales and offers except in a CGC grade above 8.5.  My investigation is self serving of course since I have a CGC 9.8.  Others have provided great input on my queries and basically think I should put it on auction or sale at around $300 to $350 and see.  Of course this was prior to my recent finding about the TV series, a little known fact I am sure, unless, like me, you're specifically looking around researching.

This post is mostly informational for those that own the 1984-87 Albedos but if you have any comments on the subject I'd like to hear from you. :popcorn:

Hey GarBear,

Great post and information. I am big a fan of Yusagi Yojimbo and have a Albedo #4 myself. The character is great and looking forward to the series! As for the books, I think they will always be hard to find in high grades, since I believe most people did know the value of the book when it first came out. Hopefully you fill in your missing issues, especially #2!

As for Stan Sakai, he is a great person and humble about his career. His creation is one of the best and I hope all goes well with him and the tv series. I just hope it lasts for a long time to come. I think it has been a long time coming for a tv series. 

That's my thoughts for now! 

:martini: