• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man #797 Mike Mayhew Variant
1 1

91 posts in this topic

It's 600 copies split between sad lemon, 7 ate 9, comic mint, amorphous ink, and Frankie's comics. They are all business partners and almost always split the same exclusive variant.

And yes I got one. The owner of sad lemon comics said on Facebook it sold out on his site in 1min 45 seconds.

12 hours ago, 1webslinger said:

Amorphous inks comics had this also, and a friend of mine heard a seller in china had it, my friend think there may be a fifth store, so yea definitely more than 600

I think your friend may have been confused with the X-Men Red variant in which the artist was selling them.

this is what I found about the print run

There there’s the Mike Mayhew variant that pays tribute to the first appearance of the Hobgoblin, but this time it’s the Red Goblin ripping Spider-Man in half. This is where the price really accelerates because the print run is limited to 600 copies. While there aren’t many listings for it just yet, there’s already preorders for $95 and up.

found it here   http://comics.gocollect.com/article/red-goblin-craze     can you trust what they say who knows. My  2c

1 hour ago, topcat54 said:

this is what I found about the print run

There there’s the Mike Mayhew variant that pays tribute to the first appearance of the Hobgoblin, but this time it’s the Red Goblin ripping Spider-Man in half. This is where the price really accelerates because the print run is limited to 600 copies. While there aren’t many listings for it just yet, there’s already preorders for $95 and up.

found it here   http://comics.gocollect.com/article/red-goblin-craze     can you trust what they say who knows. My  2c

What are you trying to find?

Also, it's not a print run of 600 and none of the retailers have said that. It's limited to 600 for sale.

Ok where can I find the print run of the book seeing how the guys from comic collect got this all wrong?

That's there quote I pasted. 

Also there are a few retailers on the bay stating only 600 copies world wide.

I would take that as the print run.

Edited by topcat54

1 hour ago, topcat54 said:

Ok where can I find the print run of the book seeing how the guys from comic collect got this all wrong?

That's there quote I pasted. 

Also there are a few retailers on the bay stating only 600 copies world wide.

I would take that as the print run.

Unless you are part of the group that did the ordering, you're not going to know the actual print run.

"print run" is never a good term to use. The only people the know the true print run are the printers. Distribution is a better term for all comics.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

"Amazin" :roflmao:

3 hours ago, topcat54 said:

I can't remember where the symbol that's in the upper left corner is from, is it the sellers own watermark symbol or a retailers ?