• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book stores in Southern Vermont?

6 posts in this topic

Are there any comic book stores in southern Vermont? I've been searching online for awhile and am coming up totally blank. Surely the good people of Vermont have somewhere to buy comics at?

Anyone have any suggestions, or know of a comic book store in southern Vermont?

1 hour ago, Crimebuster said:

Are there any comic book stores in southern Vermont? I've been searching online for awhile and am coming up totally blank. Surely the good people of Vermont have somewhere to buy comics at?

If you're looking for new books, the best bet is to drive into Troy, NY to Aquilonia Comics, a good half hour from Bennington. He's got back issue stock, but not bronze/silver/gold on any regular basis.

11 hours ago, Readcomix said:

If you're looking for new books, the best bet is to drive into Troy, NY to Aquilonia Comics, a good half hour from Bennington. He's got back issue stock, but not bronze/silver/gold on any regular basis.

+1

They are having a 3 for $1 blowout all week.

On 2/16/2018 at 6:42 PM, Crimebuster said:

When I was in school in the early 90s there was Country Dreamer and West Side Comics in Rutland.  There was also a decent store in Middlebury... Comics Route, I think?  Before that there was Moondance in Brattleboro.  I used to drool over the full page ad they had on the inside front cover of Marvel comics around 1980 or so but I never made it to the shop.  Sadly, all of these closed and nothing has sprung up to replace them. I think comic book collectors in Vermont have always relied heavily on mail order.

If you're looking for back issues you might pop over to Comic Boom in Keene, NH, about twenty minutes east of Brattleboro.  Otherwise you could come down to western Massachusetts and visit Gary Dolgoff in Easthampton or Superworld Comics in central MA.  You should call first though as neither of them are traditional comic book stores.