• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold a book on Comic Link... now what?

27 posts in this topic

Sold a book tonight on Comic Link.  Any advice on shipping it to them.  Do I enclose forms or anything?  Print out the confirmation email and enclose it with the book? 

What am I missing here?

Any words of wisdom or advice? 

This is the first time I am selling a book over their site and I would like for it to go as smoothly as possible. 

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Nick's Comics said:

Every comic that I have ever sold via Comic Link has been in the possession of Comic Link before the auction took place.

Nick, I should of clarified I sold a book on the exchange. 

1 hour ago, snitzer said:

Ship it w/ email and then wait...and wait some more. Eventually a check will mysteriously appear in your mailbox months later.

Does it really take that long? The past few books I sold via the exchange, I received the check at a reasonable time 

18 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Does it really take that long? The past few books I sold via the exchange, I received the check at a reasonable time 

Yeah, I was going to ask how long it takes?  It's not a mountain of a sum.  

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

You are currently my favorite Canadian.  Thank you. 

I think I knew somebody from Canada a while back. He looked like us. He talked like us. Except that he never did any of this:  :slapfight:.  He was nice.  Based on the descriptions that I've heard, I assumed he was a Canadian, though to this day I'm not quite sure. ???.

8 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

or not. And whether or not it does, rejoice! You sold your first book on CLink! Hopefully, the first of many more to come, paid or not! :whee:

We will see how this goes.  It sold on CLink before ebay and I had it listed on eBay for less. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

We will see how this goes.  It sold on CLink before ebay and I had it listed on eBay for less. 

Wow. Against convention. From what I've noted, sellers appear to have more success with aggressive pricing on Ebay, rather than Link. Might be the paucity of really prime material on Ebay in comparison to C-Link that generates total attention on Ebay when auctioned, rather than Link, where a great selection is commonplace and more books steal each other's thunder. I recall seeing markedly more instances of a book selling on Link immediately brought to Ebay, and selling for more than vice-versa. Problem is that you don't break even doing that, buy on Link, sell it on Ebay unless you can sell the book for 14 to 15% more on Ebay than what you just paid (Ebay and PayPal's combined fees).

Edited by James J Johnson

I believe the Link only cuts checks once a month, so depending on the timing of when they receive your sold book you can wait anywhere from three to about seven weeks for payment.  From my experience, they are well run and always come through.

2 hours ago, namisgr said:

I believe the Link only cuts checks once a month, so depending on the timing of when they receive your sold book you can wait anywhere from three to about seven weeks for payment.  From my experience, they are well run and always come through.

This. I agree they always come through...but they are really missing out on some modern payment efficiencies and customer service in the accounts payable space especially with the volume and amounts they are processing.

11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Yeah, I was going to ask how long it takes?  It's not a mountain of a sum.  

It does take a while like several weeks.  ComicLink has to get paid by the buyer, after payment is received they ship it and I guess wait to make sure the buyer is happy and won't send it back.

1 hour ago, musicmeta said:

It does take a while like several weeks.  ComicLink has to get paid by the buyer, after payment is received they ship it and I guess wait to make sure the buyer is happy and won't send it back.

That's about right...usually a month is pretty typical.

If you're dealing with a large sum, you can always get some sort of advance (at least for auctions).  Not sure about the exchange.

It was a $170 sale. Sent the book out with the paperwork in the plastic sleeve surrounding the book and wrote my name and address on the email as well.   We will see what happens.  I also used the 'inform' button on their page to let them know the book was on it's way. 

Thanks to everyone that responded. 

Edited by Buzzetta