• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold a book on Comic Link... now what?

27 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2018 at 12:25 AM, James J Johnson said:

Wow. Against convention. From what I've noted, sellers appear to have more success with aggressive pricing on Ebay, rather than Link. Might be the paucity of really prime material on Ebay in comparison to C-Link that generates total attention on Ebay when auctioned, rather than Link, where a great selection is commonplace and more books steal each other's thunder. I recall seeing markedly more instances of a book selling on Link immediately brought to Ebay, and selling for more than vice-versa. Problem is that you don't break even doing that, buy on Link, sell it on Ebay unless you can sell the book for 14 to 15% more on Ebay than what you just paid (Ebay and PayPal's combined fees).

Just sold another book on CLink that I had listed on eBay.  

Had it on eBay for $125 + shipping.

Sold it on CLink for $135 to cover the shipping fees in sending it to them.

So for the buyer they are paying more considering they pay a shipping fee on top of the $135 for CLink to ship it to them. 

Right now I am duplicating all my listings on CLink - see how this works out. 

On 3/5/2018 at 5:23 PM, Buzzetta said:

Just sold another book on CLink that I had listed on eBay.  

Had it on eBay for $125 + shipping.

Sold it on CLink for $135 to cover the shipping fees in sending it to them.

So for the buyer they are paying more considering they pay a shipping fee on top of the $135 for CLink to ship it to them. 

Right now I am duplicating all my listings on CLink - see how this works out. 

What are your thoughts on Comic Link so far? I just signed up to be a seller. I've previously only sold through eBay but I'm weighing the pros and cons of changing now. I do like your idea of listing on both.

Edited by Sdmeyer11

ComicLink has always been Aces for me.  I've bought and sold books through their website without any problems.  When it comes to selling, if you list your book at the Exchange with your buy it price, you may have to sit a while for you to either have a sold it at your buy it price or a good enough offer price unless you have a book that is priced below fmv  then of course that would get swooped up fast.  Or you can consign it to their upcoming auctions with no reserve and sell it right away.

On 4/14/2018 at 4:08 AM, Gaard said:

When selling on the exchange, do you write up the ad, or do they?

You put down everything about the book such as the grade, PQ, restored/unrestored, asking price and of course the pictures. That is basically all you need, no need for a description unless the slab is damaged or any other special information like that.