• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spiderman 797 listed on Ebay
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys.  Just a heads up.   An item popped up on Ebay titled "Amazing Spiderman 797 Mayhew Variant Original Cover Art Red Goblin Only One!".  I cant post the eBay link currently cuz Im at a work comp.   Its listed for 1800 or best offer.  It was confusing because the title mentions "original cover art" but the description includes "original cover/production art and hand sketch".    I contacted Mike Mayhew via email regarding it because he just recently sold his original cover art for that issue.  This was his reply:

"I appreciate it.  I contacted the buyer.  It is very strange over all.  I sold the cover this week and it is in transit.  The art in the picture is a cover sketch that I sold today and mailed today."    

I just wanted you guys to know that the item listed on Ebay is not the final original art for that issue but just a sketch.  Not going after the eBayer's intentions.  He has 100% positive feedback.   Just didn't want anyone thinking they were getting the OA for that issue.

Hello everyone 

I just uploaded the original cover to Amazing Spider-Man 797 to my CAF gallery.

I was lucky enough to get this piece directly from Mike Mayhew who was great to deal with.

What was being discussed here in this post before was the preliminary.

So if you want to see the published cover, check it out.

Here is the link. I just love this piece and it is such a cool tribute to the Romita JR cover from issue 238.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=3018