• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ECCC Comic Con : CGC Grading Dropoff Question
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I'm considering submitting some books at the upcoming Emerald City Comic Con.

They don't grade magazines onsite.  They will be accepted and sent back to CGC Central for grading.

Question:

Do I need to prepare those books in any special way to ensure they are safe in transit while in CGC's care?  Or do they pack your books up all safe and nifty on your behalf as they take them and bring them back to CGC Land for grading? 

- b(shrug)unty

14 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

I'm considering submitting some books at the upcoming Emerald City Comic Con.

They don't grade magazines onsite.  They will be accepted and sent back to CGC Central for grading.

Question:

Do I need to prepare those books in any special way to ensure they are safe in transit while in CGC's care?  Or do they pack your books up all safe and nifty on your behalf as they take them and bring them back to CGC Land for grading? 

- b(shrug)unty

Sleeve and board or any other variation (mylar, etc.) will be fine.  As long as it’s not buck nekked.   They take care of the rest.

7 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Folks who’ve done on-site grading — have you found submitting early Saturday still gives enough of a window to get books graded and returned by Sunday?

P.S. ECCC starts on Thurs.

I think it's a crapshoot. If you want as close to a guarantee submit Thurs. Even that may not allow depending on submission volume. :cry:

Sup Bounty!

im doing my first CGC on site submission at C2e2 in Chicago. That’ll be the first booth I stop at Friday morning so I’d hope they’d have them done by Sunday. Pity they don’t do Mags on site or I’d submit a couple.

Does anyone know if they do reholders on site? I literally had a slab fall off my shelf yesterday and it cracked wide open. It’s also a pedigree so I definitely need to have it recased.