• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's COBRA KAI starring Ralph Macchio, William Zabka (2021)
2 2

322 posts in this topic

‘Cobra Kai’ Teaser: First Look At Ralph Macchio In Next Karate Kid Move

Reprising their Karate Kid roles after more than 30 years, Macchio and William Zabka resurrect the old dojo rivalry in the new series from YouTube, Sony Pictures Television and Overbrook Entertainment.

Set more than three decades after the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, Cobra Kai – if you need a refresher, that’s the name of the old dojo – finds Daniel LaRusso (Macchio) living a comfortable life with his family in Encino, running a string of car dealerships. His old rival Johnny (Zabka), however, hasn’t been so fortunate, and seeks redemption by reopening Cobra Kai.

The new series is written and executive produced by Josh Heald and Jon Hurwitz & Hayden Schlossberg. Hurwitz & Schlossberg will direct much of the series. Susan Ekins also executive produces, with Will Smith, James Lassiter and Caleeb Pinkett  executive producing for Overbrook Entertainment in association with Sony Pictures Television Studios.

The series debuts on YouTube Red later this year. Take a look at the teaser above for a first look.

After the first movie, the franchise seemed to burn itself out.

But seeing this trailer, I agree. They can make this into a revisit of how the events of the first movie impacted their later lives. Pretty cool concept.

On 3/22/2018 at 3:22 AM, media_junkie said:

I'd really like to watch this but not enough to pay for another streaming service.

Agreed. Would love to see this but between cable, Amazon and Netflix, Im not paying for anything else.

Cobra Kai Premiere feat. Karate Kid (April 25th)

UqAAx4F.jpg

The original 1984 classic The Karate Kid returns to the big screen for an exclusive one-night event; featuring the premiere of the first two episodes of the new YouTube Red series, Cobra Kai.

Cobra Kai Synopsis: In the highly-anticipated return of two iconic characters, the arch-rivals from the legendary Karate Kid film series reunite over 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament. Now living in the affluent hills of Encino, Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio) leads an enviable life with his beautiful family, while running a successful string of car dealerships throughout the valley. Meanwhile, his high school adversary, Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka), whose life has taken a rocky turn, seeks redemption by reopening the infamous Cobra Kai karate dojo. Their lives inevitably become intertwined and the rivalry is reignited, setting forth the next generation of “karate kids”.

1 hour ago, media_junkie said:

Just watched episode 1 and 2 on youtube (those are free, have to pay for more) and it was pretty awesome.

You don't have to pay for more. They offer a 30 day free trial that you can cancel at any time.

I'm 6 episodes in and if I didn't have to work today I would've finished it already. I agree, it's awesome.

11 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

You don't have to pay for more. They offer a 30 day free trial that you can cancel at any time.

I'm 6 episodes in and if I didn't have to work today I would've finished it already. I agree, it's awesome.

:whatthe:

WHAT??!! Now I am really excited.