• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's COBRA KAI starring Ralph Macchio, William Zabka (2021)
2 2

322 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

I wonder how surprised they all were at just how big of a hit this was?

Netflix acquiring this from Youtube Red was a very wise move on its part. It at least had a test bed with the early season reactions and reviews.

Man, I thought the series would be a low budget joke, because it was on YouTube. Kept seeing it show up on Netflix most watched, so gave it a chance -- and was hooked. This is one of the best shows to come around in a very long time! Really brings back memories. Hurry up with S4!

Edited by bronze_rules

On 1/11/2021 at 1:29 PM, kav said:

I'm watching "Ava" and the plot is getting bogged down in her sister's boyfriend problems.  It's a movie about a government assasin but at 52 minutes it's mainly been about her sister's love problems.  Who thought this was a good idea?
Edit-Ok I'm out-I cant watch any more.  Should have checked rotten potatoes first.  As one reviewer said "John Wick with family problems".

That was a slog to finish.  I fast forwarded through large sections of it!

This show has not disappointed. When I first heard of the show I thought it was gonna suck. I was wrong. Not just a bunch of dudes sitting around talking about the crane kick.  ;)  Can't wait for season 4. Anyone pick up an Eagle Fang t shirt yet?

The final episode of Cobra Kai Season 3 offered some pretty serious hints that Season 4 would mark the return of the villainous Terry Silver, the man who founded the Cobra Kai dojo. He was given a secret backstory throughout Season 3, with the reveal that he was a prisoner of war alongside John Kreese in Vietnam, and a scene in the finale saw Kreese pick up the phone to call an old war buddy. It seemed as though Silver's return was a sure thing, but any doubt that this was a misdirection has now been put to rest. Netflix has officially confirmed Terry Silver's involvement in Cobra Kai Season 4.

According to William Zabka, Johnny’s Cobra Kai arc has led to some major changes in how Karate Kid fans treat him. Zabka discussed the series during a recent appearance on the WTF podcast, explaining how the show has given Johnny some redemption in the public eye.

“I was at the table [at conventions] that the dads would walk by with their kids,” Zabka said, “and go ‘I just want my kid to meet you. This guy was the biggest :censored:. Nice to meet you,’ And then they’d walk away. Now I got people walking up and going ‘Hey, I love you on the show, Johnny’s cool.’”

Johnny has indeed come a long way since the original Karate Kid, and his story has remained the central focus of Cobra Kai. Season 3 saw him finally confront his old sensei John Kreese (Martin Kove) for his emotional and physical abuse, resulting in a climactic battle between Kreese and Johnny and Daniel. The trio’s feud will carry into season 4, where their students will fight it out at the All Valley Karate Tournament.