• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the most classic, non-Baker, romance covers?
5 5

145 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Kind of like this one from DC stalwart Infantino -- love the caption!  Still brooding over GCG's refusal to recognize this as the Church copy. >:(

2017-11-02-0001_zpscor7x20f.JPG

If the #13 isn't Toth, then Infantino is the only logical candidate.  The other DC regulars just don't fit the style.

Just love this copy! 

15 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

If the #13 isn't Toth, then Infantino is the only logical candidate.  The other DC regulars just don't fit the style.

Just love this copy! 

A lovely copy and I think it's a nicely composed Infantino cover.

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Kind of like this one from DC stalwart Infantino -- love the caption!  Still brooding over GCG's refusal to recognize this as the Church copy. >:(

2017-11-02-0001_zpscor7x20f.JPG

You probably could have thrown the Sensation Mystery or Star Spangled (horror/mystery period) logo on that cover and no one would have been the wiser.

Just change the “call me sweetheart” blurb to “call of the stone woman”.

Lovely book for cover art and condition...

15 hours ago, JvR11 said:

I think this cover is very much like Marlene Dietrich.

myconfession.jpg

I think so, too.  Seems as if romance artists often tried to make the women (and sometimes the men) resemble movie stars of the day.  

I vaguely remember someone posting a photo of Marlene in a similar pose. hm

On 2/22/2018 at 1:29 PM, Sqeggs said:

I think so, too.  Seems as if romance artists often tried to make the women (and sometimes the men) resemble movie stars of the day.  

I vaguely remember someone posting a photo of Marlene in a similar pose. hm

Yes it was me.  It was a film poster from Manpower.  I need to add this movie to my list.  

There was a time when this was a classic romance cover ....... whether it still is, I have no idea...... but I wouldn't be surprised if Sqeggs has a copy. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

nsr5x6r.jpg

.... those who do have one are likely already aware of the high quality artwork and stories that await within.....

Comic Book Cover For Intimate Confessions #7