• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official ComicConnoisseur comic book movie review thread!

30 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I am open to any superhero or sci-fi movies to review. So if you have any suggestions let me know.

I can most likely be able to review one suggestion a week.

Metropolis (the 2010 Restored Edition.) :popcorn: 

...or at least,

The Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec.

17 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Metropolis (the 2010 Restored Edition.) :popcorn: 

...or at least,

The Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec.

Metropolis (the 2010 Restored Edition.) Most definately after TFA.  Never saw it and about time I did.

Also going over the year I want to revisit these again.  These all are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. 1968 CLUB,

image.jpeg.c067898bf1c7688562c955d9208fed3b.jpeg    image.jpeg.25973e87d8f937e026511d735bc1ae7d.jpeg     image.jpeg.f6cc7efe98af53c99be4bd4619f2883a.jpeg     image.jpeg.b34743f59760178899d5bf14d5b66765.jpeg     image.jpeg.342f879308dbd9c00f5957df3a157ba5.jpeg

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Metropolis (the 2010 Restored Edition.) Most definately after TFA.  Never saw it and about time I did.

Also going over the year I want to revisit these again.  These all are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. 1968 CLUB,

image.jpeg.c067898bf1c7688562c955d9208fed3b.jpeg    image.jpeg.25973e87d8f937e026511d735bc1ae7d.jpeg     image.jpeg.f6cc7efe98af53c99be4bd4619f2883a.jpeg     image.jpeg.b34743f59760178899d5bf14d5b66765.jpeg     image.jpeg.342f879308dbd9c00f5957df3a157ba5.jpeg

I just dug out my Planet of the Apes Anniversary Edition Saturday night.

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I just dug out my Planet of the Apes Anniversary Edition Saturday night.

Does it hold it's own against the Matt Reeves modern Planet of Apes trilogy in your opinion?

To me 1968 Planet of the Apes is a real special movie. Never seems to get old.

18 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Does it hold it's own against the Matt Reeves modern Planet of Apes trilogy in your opinion?

Planet of the Apes the original is a classic in my opinion

7 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It doesn't.

I think Schaffner's politics of the era were more painted more universally and not as heavy-handed as the ones like War of the Planet of the Apes.

Despite, the rough effects in the 60's, it still feels realer than some of "cutting-edge CG" in the first two.  F-it, the second one had instances that pulled you right out the movie (apes of horseback.)  If the motion-actors weren't so good, the movie would have been a total loss.

The Reeves films are incredibly strong as a whole, but very weak separately. That's my opinion.

Plus, who doesn't tire of looking at Linda Harrison?  It's funny to see her in ape make-up in a make-up test with Edward G. Robinson.

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

It doesn't.

I think Schaffner's politics of the era were more painted more universally and not as heavy-handed as the ones like War of the Planet of the Apes.

Despite, the rough effects in the 60's, it still feels realer than some of "cutting-edge CG" in the first two.  F-it, the second one had instances that pulled you right out the movie (apes of horseback.)  If the motion-actors weren't so good, the movie would have been a total loss.

The Reeves films are incredibly strong as a whole, but very weak separately. That's my opinion.

Plus, who doesn't tire of looking at Linda Harrison?  It's funny to see her in ape make-up in a make-up test with Edward G. Robinson.

Of the Matt Reeves Trilogy I liked the first one the best.

Had a more human quality to it than the other two.