• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: ASM #3
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Hey guys, any help with this one.  It has the black X top left corner; smudges on the word bubbles and Doc Ock's tentacles; and bottom right corner - not sure what that is.  No bleeding or indentations on the inside of the cover in that area - so I'm not sure if its just more smudges or what.  Thanks!

Scan_Pic0001.jpg

Scan_Pic0002.jpg

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Bottom right corner seems suspicious, kinda looks like color touch, but since no bleedthrough could just be pen or an erasure?  

I have no clue what it could be.  No indentations or anything on the opposite side. 

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

It's already been cleaned and pressed, might have been reinforced and tear seals. Color touched. 4.5 mod. restored.

That's so annoying.  I thought I bought it from a reputable place.  No restoration was disclosed.  Oh well - lesson learned.

17 minutes ago, conan09279 said:

I think the right edge is trimmed too.  Before I had no idea, but the more I look at it, the more it looks to be trimmed - I think the question mark should be complete and not cut off.

Altogether possible. Based on the way the reading edge looks on the back cover, the way the back cover and pages align, I'd say not trimmed. But that doesn't mean that it can't be trimmed only from the front cover down to the centerfold, a risky cut and a dead giveaway when all the page ends are viewed. In that case, the first half of the book would have page ends that look like they were chop cut and the second half of the book through to the back cover would appear to have the normal page "fan" that occurs from normal manufacturing. 

Edited by James J Johnson

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:59 AM, conan09279 said:

Hey guys, any help with this one.  It has the black X top left corner; smudges on the word bubbles and Doc Ock's tentacles; and bottom right corner - not sure what that is.  No bleeding or indentations on the inside of the cover in that area - so I'm not sure if its just more smudges or what.  Thanks!

Do any of the right margin panels of the first half of the book (cover to centerfold) have any of their artwork running off into the edge (the margin gone)?