• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The high cost of FF # 48
4 4

246 posts in this topic

So after years of putting this book off I'm now ready to just come to terms with the fact that it's not going to be cheap. I've been on the hunt for a 9.2 (yes I'm one of those guys who likes having matching grades) . Is it just me or does it look like this book is up above $3,500 U.S. in 9.2? I'm dreading the thoughts of having it shipped to Canada with our terrible exchange, taxes and duty but I'm doubtful that there are going to be too many floating around up here.

It's a dream book for me and can't wait to add it to my framed collection. Any of my fellow Canadian members own this book in high grade?

Edited by shane1956

I regretfully sold my FF 48 CGC 9.2 with white pages not too long before the announcement of the Disney acquisition in order to get an original painting that was on my bucket list. My thought was there will always be another FF48 and I would just save up and get another 9.2. Well, that went right out the window! I did pick up a FF48 CGC 7.0 recently so at least I would have a copy again but I don't think that I will be getting another 9.2.

There's a 9.2 on Heritage right now @ nearly 3,600 with two days to go. I think it will peak out @ 4,500 . The best way to find out about a hot book is to watch the WTB threads. FF 48 was asked about often. This book did shoot up suddenly. In such cases you need to overpay to get what you want before the prices shoot up. Trying to low ball initially will leave you empty handed. 

The delay in responding to my offer is killing me. I'm in a holding pattern at $3700 with Comiclink for another 2 days 9 hours. The nicer of the two 9.2's listed is actually an old label and that current offer price is $3650. I figured the seller would snap up my $3700 for the new label under those circumstances. However, they seem to be holding out. No doubt the seller is also a board member sitting back reading all of this. I haven't exactly followed the pre 2018 prices in great detail but I get the sense that a 9.2 might have been in and around the $2500 mark prior to the Disney hype. 

I think it's a solid fair market offer but others may disagree. 

1 hour ago, shane1956 said:

The delay in responding to my offer is killing me. I'm in a holding pattern at $3700 with Comiclink for another 2 days 9 hours. The nicer of the two 9.2's listed is actually an old label and that current offer price is $3650. I figured the seller would snap up my $3700 for the new label under those circumstances. However, they seem to be holding out. No doubt the seller is also a board member sitting back reading all of this. I haven't exactly followed the pre 2018 prices in great detail but I get the sense that a 9.2 might have been in and around the $2500 mark prior to the Disney hype. 

I think it's a solid fair market offer but others may disagree. 

May want to put a WTB thread for your book.  You may be able to beat that price a bit if the seller doesn't have to give away so much in fees.

On 2/20/2018 at 4:34 AM, entalmighty1 said:

A lot of people have said the same about Hulk 181.  (shrug) 

this is true. but i think wolvie has shown far more mainstream appeal, as proven by hollywood. he translates well to the silver screen too. this price jump is speculation that surfer will now attain new levels of popularity thanks to james gunn. could happen...but he rides a surfboard. not really the same as claws and killing people. should be interesting. 

Being the second owner, next to Fantucchio, I might have an idea. :shy: 

However, being that I’m still the owner it’s probably in bad taste to advertise buy price... I can tell you at the time it was a GPA record (obviously not recorded)...

Edited by Callaway29