• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The high cost of FF # 48
4 4

246 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Really it is starting to look like most Marvel keys are turning out to be the best collectible to invest in.

Only until Disney buys DC. :flipbait:

50 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

so sad

I don't think it is sad at all.

When you were young did you think 69 year old plus men were cool? All the surviving Led Zep members are approaching 70 or over that age now.

Young people usually follow people in their prime because they can relate to them better.

Marvel superheroes are the new rock stars. 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I don't think a lot of old timers realize how big these Marvel characters have become. They are the new rock stars on social media. They are bigger now than Elvis, Beatles, Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin. 

Imagine that? The youth today think the Avengers are cooler than Led Zep and the Beatles.

The advantage these super heroes have is they never get old.

Bigger than Elvis? Elvis sells more than ten million records per year worldwide. How many Avengers comics do you think sell monthly? Annually? Sure the Avengers movies make a ton of money. Star Wars did in its heyday. E.T. did so too and held the record for quite some time. You think moviegoers go out and buy Avengers comics afterwards? I can tell you that the original Elvis recordings on record are priceless. 

Do you have any idea how many people visit Graceland every year? Elvis never gets old.

The Most Popular Houses in the United States of America (please note that the White House is free admission)
  • 1.) White House.
  • 2.) Graceland.
  • 3.) Monticello.
  • 4.) Neverland Ranch.
  • 5.) Mount Vernon.
  • 6.) Winchester Mystery House.
  • 7.) Nathan G. Moore House.
  • 8.) Fallingwater.

15 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:
The Most Popular Houses in the United States of America (please note that the White House is free admission)
  • 1.) White House.
  • 2.) Graceland.
  • 3.) Monticello.
  • 4.) Neverland Ranch.
  • 5.) Mount Vernon.
  • 8.) Fallingwater.

Cool list. Going to have to google most. Have visited one already. Will need to visit #1 on the list next trip to the United States. And #2 ... again. :x

#4 I'll pass.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Bigger than Elvis? Elvis sells more than ten million records per year worldwide. How many Avengers comics do you think sell monthly? Annually? Sure the Avengers movies make a ton of money. Star Wars did in its heyday. E.T. did so too and held the record for quite some time. You think moviegoers go out and buy Avengers comics afterwards? I can tell you that the original Elvis recordings on record are priceless. 

Do you have any idea how many people visit Graceland every year? Elvis never gets old.

• 1.) White House.
  • 2.) Graceland.
  • 3.) Monticello.
  • 4.) Neverland Ranch.
  • 5.) Mount Vernon.
  • 8.) Fallingwater.

Dude, The latest Avengers movie did over 1 billion worldwide! That makes Elvis selling 10 million albums seem miniscule.

To compare Elvis current popularity to Marvel`s current worldwide box office is just silly.

How many people do you think in modern China and South Africa care about listening to Elvis over watching the Avengers and Marvel movies?

Times change.

Btw Elvis is cool, and so is Frank Sinatra and John Wayne, but the demographics have changed.

Super Mario and Legend of Zelda are more popular than Elvis now.

The number one demographic 18-34 not 50 year old plus people.

:foryou:

5 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Dude, The latest Avengers movie did over 1 billion worldwide!

Aloha from Hawaii 1973 :whistle: Viewing figures were estimated to be between 1 and 1.5 billion viewers worldwide aired in 40 countries..

But enough of the King and let's talk Silver Surfer and why I don't have a copy :cry:

Edited by Gotham Kid

Just now, ComicConnoisseur said:

Are any people still alive who remember watching it or not in a nursing home?

Thats before I was born and before cable and internet.

:fear:

I was 1 yr old and assisted it live (as my parents were watching it in South Africa ) :banana:

10 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Dude, The latest Avengers movie did over 1 billion worldwide! That makes Elvis selling 10 million albums seem miniscule.

To compare Elvis current popularity to Marvel`s current worldwide box office is just silly.

How many people do you think in modern China and South Africa care about listening to Elvis over watching the Avengers and Marvel movies?

Times change.

Btw Elvis is cool, and so is Frank Sinatra and John Wayne, but the demographics have changed.

Super Mario and Legend of Zelda are more popular than Elvis now.

The number one demographic 18-34 not 50 year old plus people.

:foryou:

You're missing my point- I'm comparing record sales to comic book sales. Yeah, people are seeing the movie but tell me how that is translating into comic book sales? Elvis has been dead for 41 years and he's still selling more records than Marvel is selling Avengers comic books. Popularity in film does not translate into comic book sales. From one Elvis fan to another(thumbsu

2 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

You're missing my point- I'm comparing record sales to comic book sales. Yeah, people are seeing the movie but tell me how that is translating into comic book sales? Elvis has been dead for 41 years and he's still selling more records than Marvel is selling Avengers comic books. Popularity in film does not translate into comic book sales. From one Elvis fan to another(thumbsu

Your missing the point more than me. Comic book sales are nothing compared to worldwide movie box office.

More people watched Marvel movies than bought Elvis and Beatles songs combined last year.

I am not even counting Netflix or Blu-Rays sales.

Btw big fan of Elvis and the Beatles. I appreciate what they did to advance music , but no way are they more popular than the Marvel heroes worldwide now.

So buy as many Marvel keys as you can before they go up. This run up is going to last for awhile.

Buying Marvel keys is going to beat keeping that same money in a savings account these next 5 years.

35 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Your missing the point more than me. Comic book sales are nothing compared to worldwide movie box office.

More people watched Marvel movies than bought Elvis and Beatles songs combined last year.

I am not even counting Netflix or Blu-Rays sales.

Btw big fan of Elvis and the Beatles. I appreciate what they did to advance music , but no way are they more popular than the Marvel heroes worldwide now.

So buy as many Marvel keys as you can before they go up. This run up is going to last for awhile.

Buying Marvel keys is going to beat keeping that same money in a savings account these next 5 years.

people shouldn't be keeping their money in a regular savings account anyway