• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any idea how to price these?

10 posts in this topic

A friend won these in an auction and was curious what to ask for them. 

I was an under-bidder so they already sold for more than I wanted to pay. 

https://mcmanusauctions.hibid.com/catalog/124003/2-18-18-gold-silver-jewelry-antiques-collectibles/?cpage=6&ipp=100

They were supposedly exclusives for Walmart stores and promotional displays, not sold to public.

They take up a lot of space and the plastic is fairly flimsy. Maybe four by four by two and a half feet thick.  They are also pretty heavy so shipping is problematic.  He thinks that he scored a homerun and that they might go for high three figures, if not more. 

They are definitely cool, but can't see people paying much more than he paid for them.  The one that worked perfect went for $135. The others all had issues and sold for less. 

Edited by shadroch

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisher-Price-Imaginext-DC-Super-Friends-Batbot-Xtreme-DISPLAY-READ-DESC/323051968300?hash=item4b3765d72c:g:E18AAOSwp7FadpNP

Hard to really say what the "display version" would add to the value - this guy has a lot of 6 of the batbots ( one sold) - and the description would indicate that the functionality of the display versions is limited.... You can get NIB ones for under $100. 

Like any collectible - cost varies on the desirability and scarcity...  Three batbot displays in this auction alone - and a "Wal Mart" display... 

I would think that the market of people who purchase these is very limited - and the fact that they are for wal mart makes them pretty common...

3 hours ago, W16227 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisher-Price-Imaginext-DC-Super-Friends-Batbot-Xtreme-DISPLAY-READ-DESC/323051968300?hash=item4b3765d72c:g:E18AAOSwp7FadpNP

Hard to really say what the "display version" would add to the value - this guy has a lot of 6 of the batbots ( one sold) - and the description would indicate that the functionality of the display versions is limited.... You can get NIB ones for under $100. 

Like any collectible - cost varies on the desirability and scarcity...  Three batbot displays in this auction alone - and a "Wal Mart" display... 

I would think that the market of people who purchase these is very limited - and the fact that they are for wal mart makes them pretty common...

So this is what your friend bought?  Hard to see how he will make money off it, what collector will think something from Walmart will be worth more than the full hammer price of an auction?  

1 minute ago, spreads said:

So this is what your friend bought?  Hard to see how he will make money off it, what collector will think something from Walmart will be worth more than the full hammer price of an auction?  

Not my friend - (shadrock is OP ) - just going by the description of store displays.

1 hour ago, spreads said:

No, that is a display batman, loose and missing the entire display case.

15 minutes ago, shadroch said:

No, that is a display batman, loose and missing the entire display case.

Fine.  But who cares about the display?  I just find it very hard to believe a Walmart display item will have a big collector market.  I saw the one your friend won, there's probably a reason he did - that's the most anyone else was willing to pay.