• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comicon — March 29-31, 2019

65 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, elibowman said:

Friday only for me this year. Do we know which boardies are setting up at the con? I know Dale Roberts is on the list. Art (Monster's Lair) already said he won't be setting up this year. Help me make my list of must stops so I can give some boardies my money.

I will be set up and @D Stuart will be as well.  I know @mysterio will not be able to make Planet, but his brother should be there.  

Also in look at the exhibitor list Jim Steranko is listed?  I might need to shoot David a message?

8 hours ago, SSkufan said:

I will be set up and @D Stuart will be as well.  I know @mysterio will not be able to make Planet, but his brother should be there.  

Also in look at the exhibitor list Jim Steranko is listed?  I might need to shoot David a message?

@elibowman this is correct. My brother will be setting up, but I’ll be at a conference that weekend so I’ll unfortunately be missing the show. 

13 hours ago, SSkufan said:

Let me know the name of your booth, so I can be sure to catch you. Same for @D Stuart

20 hours ago, elibowman said:

You guys aren't on the list yet, so I thought you were skipping altogether.

Nope. We hate to miss this show. I'm bummed that I will be forced to by work this year.

20 hours ago, SSkufan said:

I am Middle School Geek - Comic and Pop Culture Crafts @D Stuart is CoMo Comic Books

Also, Monster Lair in typically in the same Island of booths as Duncanville Comics.

Indeed. Texas will be well represented at Planet. @Monster's Lair Comics @DvilleBookstore

Edited by mysterio

Well they announced officially that Steranko will be there.  Funny as he was listed as an exhibitor for a month . . . 

Going to try and see what sketches he brings and hope to pick one up.  Would like a Captain America, but if anything will grab his Nick Fury at least.

Edited by SSkufan

7 hours ago, mysterio said:

Word is that ticket sales were 40% higher than last year. 

The first three hours at our booth was pretty quiet. . . . then it just got crazy.  . . . . . . 

Tomorrow, kids under 12 get in free.  I am interested in seeing how this turns out!

Edited by SSkufan

I went Friday. It was slammed compared to the last two Fridays that I have attended. Skipped today, but should be there tomorrow. I was super disappointed that every place I hit in the first couple hours on Friday said they had sold lots of GA books to other dealers before the show opened. Suck to pay entry only to have the best stuff poached.