Planet Comicon — March 29-31, 2019
1 1

65 posts in this topic

14,022 posts

Five short months away!

14,022 posts

CGC’s current schedule does not have them setting up at Planet this year...

146 posts
40 minutes ago, mysterio said:

CGC’s current schedule does not have them setting up at Planet this year...

I saw that. I feel like they're usually slower to get Planet on the schedule than some of the other larger shows. 

14,022 posts

Guest announcements have started popping up on Facebook...

277 posts
2 hours ago, mysterio said:

Guest announcements have started popping up on Facebook...

I saw Jimmy and Amanda in Vegas this summer, when Planet was still listed as the same weekend as C2E2, and they had noted they where coming to KC next year.  Glad to see if worked out.

Claremont has been listed as well.

14,022 posts

Guest list is off to a nice start. I’m skeptical I’ll make it this year though, will need to be in Cleveland that weekend for a conference... :cry:

14,022 posts

Ok, am I the only one who is a little underwhelmed by the comic creator guest list thus far? Not saying it sucks, but I was hoping for more. Claremont and Eastman are the only names that would wow me.

Planet is still not on CGC's calendar...

Edited by mysterio

277 posts
2 hours ago, mysterio said:

Ok, am I the only one who is a little underwhelmed by the comic creator guest list thus far? Not saying it sucks, but I was hoping for more. Claremont and Eastman are the only names that would wow me.

Planet is still not on CGC's calendar...

YES!!!!   I am not sure if C2E2 the week before and Wondercon that weekend are impacting the guest list, but the current guest list is not doing much for me.  Also, Claremont and Eastman are repeat guest from two years ago.  I was hoping the 20th Anniversary show would pull out all the stops . . . 

7,068 posts

@mysterioCGC will not be set up. We are working with the show to offer cgc facilitating and witnessing. 

14,022 posts
20 minutes ago, Par2ch said:

@mysterioCGC will not be set up. We are working with the show to offer cgc facilitating and witnessing. 

That’s good to hear, thanks!

14,022 posts
2 hours ago, Par2ch said:

Just so it’s in the thread for anyone interested, will you be taking blue label drop offs as well as signature witnessing? 

277 posts
2 hours ago, Par2ch said:

I think this is the first year I have heard of CGC not being there.  They must all be at Wonder Con

146 posts
On 1/20/2019 at 9:27 AM, SSkufan said:

I think this is the first year I have heard of CGC not being there.  They must all be at Wonder Con

It's making my Planet experience considerably cheaper! I'll just wait until the next convention I go to that CGC is setup at. More funds available to pick up collections and good deals at the show this way. 

14,022 posts
7 minutes ago, D Stuart said:

It's making my Planet experience considerably cheaper! I'll just wait until the next convention I go to that CGC is setup at. More funds available to pick up collections and good deals at the show this way. 

If we’re talking cons in the Midwest that may be a while...

146 posts
23 hours ago, mysterio said:

If we’re talking cons in the Midwest that may be a while...

Yeah.  It's pretty sparse here in the flyover this year.  Don't they know us hill and plains people have money to spend on comic book grading and encapsulation as well??? 

277 posts

They have added Jim Starlin and Mark Bagley . . .  we will see who else they announce.

146 posts
45 minutes ago, SSkufan said:

They have added Jim Starlin and Mark Bagley . . .  we will see who else they announce.

I'm VERY excited for Bagley! Not that you didn't already know that.

1,465 posts

Friday only for me this year. Do we know which boardies are setting up at the con? I know Dale Roberts is on the list. Art (Monster's Lair) already said he won't be setting up this year. Help me make my list of must stops so I can give some boardies my money.