• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comicon — March 29-31, 2019

65 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, SSkufan said:

We did really well sales wise.  Was able to sell a big book so I could buy an Iron Fist #1 9.6 from @Dale Roberts.   Also, picked up a couple other books.

You going to do a report in the 2018 thread? I am hoping to get something up there later today, along with some photos from the weekend (I still didn't take as many of other booths as I should).

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

One year from today!

I hate it when its more than 12 months between shows... Patience is not my forte. Though I'm thankful for the extra time to recoup my wall. It's taken a beating this year! 

10 hours ago, D Stuart said:

I hate it when its more than 12 months between shows... Patience is not my forte. Though I'm thankful for the extra time to recoup my wall. It's taken a beating this year! 

First world problems. lol

Edited by mysterio

3 hours ago, mysterio said:

Last night I heard that Planet will be sharing this weekend with C2E2 and Wondercon. If true that is seriously terrible news. 

It couldn't be more true.  What a real kick in the pants for those of us in the fly over.  Two of our biggest shows on the same weekend, with WonderCon taking place as well.  Talent pool will be stretched thin. :censored:

7 minutes ago, D Stuart said:

It couldn't be more true.  What a real kick in the pants for those of us in the fly over.  Two of our biggest shows on the same weekend, with WonderCon taking place as well.  Talent pool will be stretched thin. :censored:

Just more salt in my wound. It’s already a bad weekend for me personally because our big conference is that same weekend in Cleveland, so I’ll have to miss a good chunk of Planet. 

On 4/9/2018 at 6:23 AM, mysterio said:

Last night I heard that Planet will be sharing this weekend with C2E2 and Wondercon. If true that is seriously terrible news. 

Yeah I am actually really bummed about this as I had fun at C2E2 this past weekend and wanted to maybe start making it a yearly thing.  I will be going to Planet and will set up there as this is the local show.  My main concern will be the stretch on talent and those people that are in that buffer zone between KC and Chicago that will perhaps choose C2E2 over Planet.  I feel for those folks in STL as they have a real pickle on their hands and I think the final decision will be based on what artist/creators are where and who they prefer.   

It is what it is and I am sure in a perfect world all of those involved don't want this to happen, but what are you going to do when a lot of your dates are in the hands of the convention center.

1 hour ago, SSkufan said:

Yeah I am actually really bummed about this as I had fun at C2E2 this past weekend and wanted to maybe start making it a yearly thing.  I will be going to Planet and will set up there as this is the local show.  My main concern will be the stretch on talent and those people that are in that buffer zone between KC and Chicago that will perhaps choose C2E2 over Planet.  I feel for those folks in STL as they have a real pickle on their hands and I think the final decision will be based on what artist/creators are where and who they prefer.   

It is what it is and I am sure in a perfect world all of those involved don't want this to happen, but what are you going to do when a lot of your dates are in the hands of the convention center.

I hear you.  We were talking Saturday at FanCon about wanting to do C2E2 and/or Heroes in 2019.  Going to be pretty tough to pull that off. 

6 hours ago, SSkufan said:

Just saw the news and this really stinks. I've been taking my daughter to KC and we have friends in the area that we stay with as well. However, it looks like I'll have to go with C2E2. She's never been there, and I think she would like a new experience. I guess I'll take this as an opportunity to try a different show during another time of the year since I won't be able to attend both.

2 minutes ago, Real Frantic One said:

Just saw the news and this really stinks. I've been taking my daughter to KC and we have friends in the area that we stay with as well. However, it looks like I'll have to go with C2E2. She's never been there, and I think she would like a new experience. I guess I'll take this as an opportunity to try a different show during another time of the year since I won't be able to attend both.

I totally get that and I am thinking that a lot of people are going to be in the same boat and make the same decision.

2 hours ago, mysterio said:

Anyone hear anything about this minicon they’ve got coming up?

Just that it is happening, but I haven't heard anything about vendors, etc.  Wondering if it isn't going to be more of a cosplay or pop-culture feature or something.  Details are pretty scarce at this point. 

Just now, D Stuart said:

Just that it is happening, but I haven't heard anything about vendors, etc.  Wondering if it isn't going to be more of a cosplay or pop-culture feature or something.  Details are pretty scarce at this point. 

Your take is similar to mine. Kind of a geek meetup but not really a con in the traditional sense. It’s only a few hours, so vendors would be a bit surprising. But yeah, details are seemingly scarce.