• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comicon — March 29-31, 2019

65 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mysterio said:

Guest announcements have started popping up on Facebook...

I saw Jimmy and Amanda in Vegas this summer, when Planet was still listed as the same weekend as C2E2, and they had noted they where coming to KC next year.  Glad to see if worked out.

Claremont has been listed as well.

Ok, am I the only one who is a little underwhelmed by the comic creator guest list thus far? Not saying it sucks, but I was hoping for more. Claremont and Eastman are the only names that would wow me.

Planet is still not on CGC's calendar...

Edited by mysterio

2 hours ago, mysterio said:

Ok, am I the only one who is a little underwhelmed by the comic creator guest list thus far? Not saying it sucks, but I was hoping for more. Claremont and Eastman are the only names that would wow me.

Planet is still not on CGC's calendar...

YES!!!!   I am not sure if C2E2 the week before and Wondercon that weekend are impacting the guest list, but the current guest list is not doing much for me.  Also, Claremont and Eastman are repeat guest from two years ago.  I was hoping the 20th Anniversary show would pull out all the stops . . . 

2 hours ago, Par2ch said:

@mysterioCGC will not be set up. We are working with the show to offer cgc facilitating and witnessing. 

Just so it’s in the thread for anyone interested, will you be taking blue label drop offs as well as signature witnessing? 

On 1/20/2019 at 9:27 AM, SSkufan said:

I think this is the first year I have heard of CGC not being there.  They must all be at Wonder Con

It's making my Planet experience considerably cheaper! I'll just wait until the next convention I go to that CGC is setup at. More funds available to pick up collections and good deals at the show this way. 

7 minutes ago, D Stuart said:

It's making my Planet experience considerably cheaper! I'll just wait until the next convention I go to that CGC is setup at. More funds available to pick up collections and good deals at the show this way. 

If we’re talking cons in the Midwest that may be a while...

23 hours ago, mysterio said:

If we’re talking cons in the Midwest that may be a while...

Yeah.  It's pretty sparse here in the flyover this year.  Don't they know us hill and plains people have money to spend on comic book grading and encapsulation as well???