• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee and Max
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I apologize if this question or topic has already been discussed, haven't seen it in the group. What happened between Stan and his handler Max? When did they have a falling out? I was never a fan of Max and found him very challenging to work with, but I assume his job was to limit access to Stan, so I guess he did it well. I was always under the impression that he was Stan's business manager, but found out recently that he was his bodyguard and was a convicted felon. Can anyone expand on all of this, their relationship, role, falling out, who is looking after him now, is this person an improvement and more respectful to fans and lastly why or how did he hire a convicted felon (assume that Max's past would have been a red flag for a celeb to hire)?

6 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Aren't US felons barred from Canada?

Depends on the crime and the discretion of border security. He was definitely allowed entry to Canada, but so was Mike Tyson, whereas Martha Stewart was denied after she left prison. 

I’m curious myself on what damaged their relationship considering how long Max has worked for Stan. I believe Max was a convicted felon due to domestic abuse.

If I had to guess, Max might have been behind the recent unotherized condo purchase/stolen money or maybe even behind the nursing scandal.

I feel bad that Stan has to go through all this nonsense at age 95 and less then a year after losing his wife.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Huh? Offers quite a bit of info.

Yes, it mentions what Stan has faced recently, but doesn't mention how or from whom Stan is encountering elder abuse, why Max was asked to leave for trespassing and so on. Even when they had a falling out and for what reason. Maybe Max is the cause of all of this, but that is just speculation. 

30 minutes ago, Captain Canuck said:

Yes, it mentions what Stan has faced recently, but doesn't mention how or from whom Stan is encountering elder abuse, why Max was asked to leave for trespassing and so on. Even when they had a falling out and for what reason. Maybe Max is the cause of all of this, but that is just speculation. 

Right, I don't know how much more you could expect at this point. No charges have been filed.

The Daily Mail goes on to say that they “understand” that Adult Protective Services, an organization that typically deals with elder abuse cases, was on the scene as well, and that the investigation involves Anderson.

36 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Right, I don't know how much more you could expect at this point. No charges have been filed.

The Daily Mail goes on to say that they “understand” that Adult Protective Services, an organization that typically deals with elder abuse cases, was on the scene as well, and that the investigation involves Anderson.

I agree, but we can assume that somebody on the boards has further knowledge of when Stan and Max parted ways and maybe the reason/rumour why? Especially one of the facilitators who deal a lot with Stan privately and at conventions. 

While we've dealt with Max before, I don't have any further info as that was years ago. Anyone who does have any further info is probably under an NDA about any personal dealings with Stan/Max. Still rather surprised to hear about this. Stan and Max seemed to have a lot of mutual respect for one another.

The last time I saw Max and Stan together at an event was either D23 back in July, or very shortly after Stan's wife passed away. Though that was just a video on Twitter I saw of them together at some party. I didn't personally witness this. Just providing some sort of timeline.

Anyway, I'd say just ask around at some cons if you want to know more info. I don't think anyone is going to put any of what they know in writing - if they know anything at all.

5 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

When a "business associate/employee" refuses repeated direct requests to leave someone's premises, and instead, responds physically to that request, it's typically an indication that whatever the association is transcends business, and that the employee has become empowered in some way by factors unassociated with business, sad to say. A background check into Max Anderson's history would likely show other example of similar behavior. I can only hope one was performed, especially given that 1.15 million dollars is still unaccounted for from Stan's accounts.

DailyMail.com revealed that several police officers and members of Adult Protective Services attended the home to investigate allegations of battery and separate allegations of elder abuse.

from the link  @STORMSHADOW_80  posted ( lots of detail)

The elder abuse one is more of an accusation that Anderson ( and possibly the nurse) were working to drive a wedge between Stan and his daughter  - most likely to funnel $$$$ into their pockets.

The nurse's actions are crazy too - ok, so when I hit 95 I might like what was going on, but her behavior may have led Stan to believe that was normal for nursing care and led to his ( alleged) poor behavior recently with other nurses.....  

Good to see his daughter is standing up for him and trying to get things stable.

3 hours ago, W16227 said:

DailyMail.com revealed that several police officers and members of Adult Protective Services attended the home to investigate allegations of battery and separate allegations of elder abuse.

from the link  @STORMSHADOW_80  posted ( lots of detail)

The elder abuse one is more of an accusation that Anderson ( and possibly the nurse) were working to drive a wedge between Stan and his daughter  - most likely to funnel $$$$ into their pockets.

The nurse's actions are crazy too - ok, so when I hit 95 I might like what was going on, but her behavior may have led Stan to believe that was normal for nursing care and led to his ( alleged) poor behavior recently with other nurses.....  

Good to see his daughter is standing up for him and trying to get things stable.

Did he think this was normal or is he not quite all there anymore?