• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Feb 2018 auction
5 5

365 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, woowoo said:

To many Action 1's have hit the market over the years :popcorn: This is a nice 6.0 Tec how can you guys think that the Tec will not win :makepoint::whistle:

Well maybe you're right, I'm starting to change my allegiance. Didn't see the page quality difference and the fact that the Tec 27 is a pedigree. Maybe the Tec will get the win. I just remember seeing an Action 1 CGC 5.0 and Tec 27 (if I recall CGC 6.0) at SDCC three years ago with Metropolis and they were asking the same price for both or $650K. I mean Action 1 does appear to be the bigger book still imop. However, I'm sure Tec 27 has gotten closer to Action 1 since then and so with the 1-point grade difference, better page quality and a pedigree you're probably right.

22 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Well maybe you're right, I'm starting to change my allegiance. Didn't see the page quality difference and the fact that the Tec 27 is a pedigree. Maybe the Tec will get the win. I just remember seeing an Action 1 CGC 5.0 and Tec 27 (if I recall CGC 6.0) at SDCC three years ago with Metropolis and they were asking the same price for both or $650K. I mean Action 1 does appear to be the bigger book still imop. However, I'm sure Tec 27 has gotten closer to Action 1 since then and so with the 1-point grade difference, better page quality and a pedigree you're probably right.

Anyone says diff

Edited by woowoo

On 2/19/2018 at 12:37 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 2/19/2018 at 12:36 PM, woowoo said:

Who is going to win the high bid Peter Action 1 5.0 or Tec 27 6.0 ?

Tough call my friend but my money is on the Tec (it is after all a higher grade + ped - would have been cool battle of 2 5.0s)

+2

In complete agreement with Peter's points here.  (thumbsu

The only additional one that I would make is that 'Tec 27's in this type of condition have certainly not been as available in the marketplace recently as the Action 1 where we have seen a few copies available over the past few years.

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

+2

The only additional one that I would make is that 'Tec 27's in this type of condition have certainly not been as available in the marketplace recently as the Action 1 where we have seen a few copies available over the past few years.

The Tec 6.0 will blow through 1 milly ...

25 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

+2

There is a 5.0 copy of Tec 27 up over here so that does hurt a little for the 6.0

https://itsalljustcomics.com/2018/01/27/hakes-to-auction-detective-27-cgc-5-0/

detective-27-hakes-649x1024.jpg

4 minutes ago, woowoo said:

There is a 5.0 copy of Tec 27 up over here so that does hurt a little for the 6.0

https://itsalljustcomics.com/2018/01/27/hakes-to-auction-detective-27-cgc-5-0/

detective-27-hakes-649x1024.jpg

Yes, now I remember seeing that auction in one of my comic related emails.

All I can say is that if I was the consignor of this book, Hake's would definitely not be the first or even second auction site that I would think for selling a book of this magnitude. 

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, now I remember seeing that auction in one of my comic related emails.

All I can say is that if I was the consignor of this book, Hake's would definitely not be the first or even second auction site that I would think for selling a book of this magnitude. 

:headbang:

On 2/20/2018 at 12:13 PM, atomised said:

wish they'd give my wallet a break and not have clink, cc, and HA all run major auctions at the same time right before tax season

Tell me about it! I'm holding on to hope that some folks are broke by the time the CC auction starts to close. Wish in one hand...

3 minutes ago, jhm said:

Tell me about it! I'm holding on to hope that some folks are broke by the time the CC auction starts to close. Wish in one hand...

Interesting question whether prices are likely to be higher in the Heritage auction, because it closes first, or in the CC auction because it closes last.  Too many confounding factors to know for sure.  

48 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

+1

If it weren't for the occasional reference in Gold, would not even know about Hake's.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On February 20, 2018 at 11:33 AM, ThothAmon said:

To me the lower graded Action 1 presents better.  The bottom staple of the TEC 27 seems weaker.  Page quality is a BIG plus for the TEC 27 though.  Holy bologna I'm more confused than ever.  Guess I'll just go for the Supes 6!

YES!!!!!!!!

On 2/21/2018 at 2:33 PM, Gotham Kid said:

+1

If it weren't for the occasional reference in Gold, would not even know about Hake's.

You should get a copy of their catalog.  Loaded with all kinds of interesting collectibles, but not, typically, a huge number of comics.  

I've bought some books from them but have never gotten a screaming bargain, so far as I can recall.  One way or another they seem to get good prices for their consignors.  But, yeah, there's no way I would consign a Tec 27 with them. 

On 2/21/2018 at 4:58 PM, Straw-Man said:

some nice fox books in the auction.

Well, based upon how the Fox Mystery Men books did in today's Heritage auctions, do you think there's any chance that we might find some "Foxy" deals in this upcoming CC auction since they do have quite a few nice looking ones on this go round?  hm

Hoping so at least since the Fox books generally don't seem to fetch top dollar with the CC auctions since they don't really seem to showcase or hype them at all in terms of their rather skimpy and/or generic lot descriptions.  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine