• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Feb 2018 auction
5 5

365 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Maybe ... I see on GPA that a Conserved 6.5 went for $21,500 in Dec 2016.  Didn't realize this book had taken off to that extent.

And the last 2.5 sold for $7600 just last year.  AC 23 has been rolling for two or three years now.  And as is so often, Gator was way ahead of the curve.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 2018-02-20 at 12:33 PM, ThothAmon said:

To me the lower graded Action 1 presents better.  The bottom staple of the TEC 27 seems weaker.  Page quality is a BIG plus for the TEC 27 though.  Holy bologna I'm more confused than ever.  Guess I'll just go for the Supes 6!

I dunno.  It looks as if there's some sort of funky stain emanating from the lower staple... 

$815K for the Action 1. Was that considered a solid sale? And $70K seems like a weak sale for the Action 7. A CGC 1.0 just went for $45K like 4 months ago. Would have thought a 2.5 would break $100K.

Edited by LDarkseid1

51 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Epic struggle for the Archie 1.  I was living in a fool's paradise thinking I could win it below guide.  Very nice looking book apart from the detached cover.

So I guess that means you won it above guide? :baiting:

16 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Epic struggle for the Archie 1.  I was living in a fool's paradise thinking I could win it below guide.  Very nice looking book apart from the detached cover.

So I guess that means you won it above guide? :baiting:

Nope.  I think I was still winning right around guide when it went to stoppage time.  Guide is $24K, so it soared past that when the big boys weighed in.

They were on it like a high-grade, low-digit Planet!:)

2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

$815K for the Action 1. Was that considered a solid sale? And $70K seems like a weak sale for the Action 7. A CGC 1.0 just went for $45K like 4 months ago. Would have thought a 2.5 would break $100K.

Going to be hard for Tec 27 to beat that and I thought it would WOW.

31 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Going to be hard for Tec 27 to beat that and I thought it would WOW.

I agree. Still stuck at $606K with less than a day left. I eventually changed my mind but my first inclination was the action 1 would win the day. I know most people felt there was no way, but it’s looking more and more feasible. To think a Tec 27 6.0 won’t break a million is kind of crazy to me though.

4 hours ago, SuperBird said:

Strong prices so far!

Was planning to bid live on this gorgeous Amazing Mystery Funnies V1 #3 with the bright eye-popping colours:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=757483

And then my daughter comes into the room with 30 minutes to go to tell me that we've got an appointment with the bank in 20 minutes and have to leave right away.  So much for planning to bid live on the book.  :censored:  :mad:

Jumped back onto the computer and increased my bid to something over $2,600 when the current bid was at $1,600 or thereabouts.  Had a strong feeling that this would most likely not be high enough, but was hoping that the GLOD label might lower the bid in my favor, especially since a couple of blue copies of this supposedly HTF Centaur had already hit the marketplace over the past year or so.  :wishluck:

No such luck as the book sold for over $3,200 or pretty much double condition guide for a GLOD copy.  :cry:   I guess it wasn't really that surprising considering this exact same copy sold for about $100 more at Heritage back in 2014.  Guess I was just hoping the collectors with deeper pockets might have had their appetites filled with the unrestored copies that came into the marketplace during the past year. 

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:
2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I did get this Archie consolation prize. 

arc1.1778a.jpg

That's a beauty 

I would definitely agree with BF's sentiment here.

I went after the copy in the Heritage Auction last month, but this copy of yours is definitely a far lot nicer.  :luhv:

Congrats on the superb pickup here.  (thumbsu