• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Feb 2018 auction
5 5

365 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Well, I have to say I was surprised to see the Tec 175 go for $4,400 and the Tec 176 go for $4,500.  Yes, they are 9.4s and yes, that's a tough period to find copies in high grade, but neither is a census topper or has an interesting cover, and I don't know of anything that particularly distinguishes those issues. I figured they would go for half what they did. 

I can't disagree on the price, but I really like the cover on 175.

I found results for big Tec books all over the place.

Some strong prices I thought were Tec #31 1.0 ow pages 33,055.

Tec #35 5.5 c/ow pages [some tape interior cover] 59,888.

Tec #69 4.5 ow/w pages 17,705.

Tec #140 4.5 ow/w pages 8,200. [although GPA reports a sale 4.5 White pgs for 12,999. I don't know the origin of this sale?

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, looks like the Hakes 7.0 graded copy ended up selling for about $500 less than the CGC 6.5 graded copy did on the CC auction.

I guess that's the Metro / CC brand being stronger than the Hakes brand, as I thought Hakes 7.0 copy looked better than CC's copy by more than a 0.5 grade difference.  hm

It definitely looked better imo 

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

sadly no, I knew I should put on a pair of depends before looking at the results.

....hopefully you were at home when it occured ..... rather than at a sales meeting or something of that nature... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I literally just pooped my pants when I saw the prices on some of the Detectives.

From the point of view of you being the buyer and the prices were so nosebleed high, or from the point of view of you being the seller and the prices seem like dumpster diving bargains compared to past recent auctions?  (shrug)

4 hours ago, Bat-Hound said:

Some strong prices I thought were Tec #31 1.0 ow pages 33,055.

I guess not so strong when you compared it to this CGC 1.0 graded copy of 'Tec 31 which sold in 2016 and again in 2017:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=666486&title=DETECTIVECOMICS

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=727871&title=DETECTIVECOMICS

And as you'll note, both times in previous years for substantially more money that what this copy ended up selling for.

7 hours ago, Hudson said:

There has been LOTS of discussion on these boards as to which book is king (Action 1 or Tec 27).

Well, the AC1 in 5.0 went for 815K; the Tec27 went for 732K in 6.0.

The Tec was the better deal Rockford and nice paper

5 minutes ago, domuhnator said:

I believe CC does Hit Gpa, At least all the books I have bought ended up on GPA. You might be thinking of Comiclink.

(thumbsu

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

From the point of view of you being the buyer and the prices were so nosebleed high, or from the point of view of you being the seller and the prices seem like dumpster diving bargains compared to past recent auctions?  (shrug)

From the perspective that prices were so high. Many of the Detectives shocked the heck out of me like Detective 70 in 8.0 for $10k. I thought $4k would have been nuts. Just goes to show how much out of touch I am with the market.  Now if I decided to sell anything I am sure I would be shocked the opposite direction. 

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

From the perspective that prices were so high. Many of the Detectives shocked the heck out of me like Detective 70 in 8.0 for $10k. I thought $4k would have been nuts. Just goes to show how much out of touch I am with the market.  Now if I decided to sell anything I am sure I would be shocked the opposite direction. 

I got the 5.0 Tec 70 for $900 and change, and felt like I probably overpaid by a good 15% (didn't really care) until I saw the hammer on the 8.5.  

15 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I got the 5.0 Tec 70 for $900 and change, and felt like I probably overpaid by a good 15% (didn't really care) until I saw the hammer on the 8.5.  

When I saw the hammer on the 8.5 copy and then the 5.0 copy I thought “someone stole that 5.0”.  I won this one off a Heritage for just shy of $900. Thought I paid too much till this auction. Maybe I should sell my under copy. hm

4A96A316-5F4E-4A1E-A748-B944E29422B5.jpeg

There were a lot of Detectives I thought hammered low. The one I regret not bidding on (was out with my son) is the 180. At $4k for a 9.0 I would have driven the price up more. I thought it look real nice and love that cover. 

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

There were a lot of Detectives I thought hammered low. The one I regret not bidding on (was out with my son) is the 180. At $4k for a 9.0 I would have driven the price up more. I thought it look real nice and love that cover. 

Prices looked soft - too much volume lately perhaps.