• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Feb 2018 auction
5 5

365 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I guess not so strong when you compared it to this CGC 1.0 graded copy of 'Tec 31 which sold in 2016 and again in 2017:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=666486&title=DETECTIVECOMICS

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=727871&title=DETECTIVECOMICS

And as you'll note, both times in previous years for substantially more money that what this copy ended up selling for.

And also that copy looks much better than the one just sold. It makes sense why this went for lower.

2 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

That Subby 1 2.5 is going to go strong, already over 7K with a day left. Not long ago Subby 1 and HT 1 were just flatline dead books, as I recall.

You are correct about that both were flat/dead.

Just now, walclark said:

Yeah, somebody wanted it a little more than me.  Tough book, but I enjoyed the battle.

Was that you?  One more bid and you would have had me. 

Edited by Sqeggs

Just now, walclark said:

It was.  And your one more bid got me.  Congratulations!

Thanks.  Seems as if everything I win starts as a bargain with three minutes to go and ends up fully priced when the smoke clears.

Just now, Sqeggs said:

Thanks.  Seems as if everything I win starts as a bargain with three minutes to go and ends up fully priced when the smoke clears.

Ain’t that the truth.  Dang thing sits at under a $100 for weeks and then I get caught up in auction fever and it jumps to a grand.

Just now, entalmighty1 said:

Why do I feel like I made a mistake letting that Jumbo 11 go for $1,150?  I know it has SB pages, but the colors are ridiculous. :sorry: 

I agree.  Looks like it had a bit of flaking at the bottom of the spine, but was otherwise a great looking book.  I think the winner got a bargain.

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I guess there must be 2 collectors that really want that mid grade Mystery Men 3 as it has virtually triple in the extended bidding and still going strong right now.  :whatthe:

It's not going strong any longer.