• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Feb 2018 auction
5 5

365 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Johnny545 said:

The run of mystery tales was fun to watch, some big prices for a few of the Everett covers.

Yes, fun to watch, but a little stressful as well for me anyway. I got the 10, 13, and 15. Just a wonderful run put together by the consigner. Obviously, getting all of my wants was out of the question, but I'm very happy other collectors got great books.

22 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I guess there must be 2 collectors that really want that mid grade Mystery Men 3 as it has virtually triple in the extended bidding and still going strong right now.  :whatthe:

Got a link to it?  Would love to see how it ended :wishluck:

14 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:
26 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I guess there must be 2 collectors that really want that mid grade Mystery Men 3 as it has virtually triple in the extended bidding and still going strong right now.  :whatthe:

It's not going strong any longer.

I guess all good things must eventually come to an end.  Still a fun and exciting show while it lasted.

Looks like it ended up with a total of 56 bids and a triple over the price it started from as it went into the extended bidding:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=757505

It would definitely appear that these 2 bidders were not doddling around as they just went for the next bid up almost as soon as the bid amount changed.  No hesitation at all on both of their parts here.   (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I guess all good things must eventually come to an end.  Still a fun and exciting show while it lasted.

Looks like it ended up with a total of 56 bids and a triple over the price it started from as it went into the extended bidding:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=757505

It would definitely appear that these 2 bidders were not doddling around as they just went for the next bid up almost as soon as the bid amount changed.  No hesitation at all on both of their parts here.   (thumbsu

I can confirm that there was no doddling around! :hi:

4 minutes ago, sagii said:

....Quite a battle for the Negro Romance #1. Makes me even happier i own a copy

I can't remember, do you have the complete run?  I don't think I've ever seen a high-grade copy of any issue.

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

I can't remember, do you have the complete run?  I don't think I've ever seen a high-grade copy of any issue.

..If you don't count #4, yes i do have the complete (Fawcett) run.

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I don't think I've ever seen a high-grade copy of any issue.

Crowley copies.  Metro had one of the #1 on their site not too many years ago (cgc 9.2).

Edited by adamstrange

Just now, adamstrange said:

Crowley copies.  Metro had one of the #1 on their site in not too many years ago (cgc 9.2).

I don't remember that, probably because I had zero interest in romance books until a few years ago. Do you remember what they were asking for it?

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

I don't remember that, probably because I had zero interest in romance books until a few years ago. Do you remember what they were asking for it?

IIRC, it was approx $3500. Definitely not less than that.  I considered picking it up but the pages were pretty dark.

Wow. $7,800 for the Punch #9. Same book sold in 2004 @ $805, then 2016 @ $2,100. Nearly a 4x multiple in 2 years. Some Cheslers seem white hot while others seem stalled.

Just now, jhm said:

Wow. $7,800 for the Punch #9. Same book sold in 2004 @ $805, then 2016 @ $2,100. Nearly a 4x multiple in 2 years. Some Cheslers seem white hot while others seem stalled.

Glad to have a copy of that one :insane: