• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Feb 2018 auction
5 5

365 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, jhm said:

CC had a Punch #12 8.0 that's no longer available. Anyone know what it sold for?

Last offer was 55k so i would say close to that (thumbsu

Looks like there's still no stopping Seven Seas 4:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=756711

Went for $13,200 big ones or well over 8X condition guide for what is about the 10th highest graded copy.   :whatthe:

Now, that's definitely an indication of how strong the demand is for this book here.  :cloud9:

Edited by lou_fine

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like there's still no stopping Seven Seas 4:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=756711

Went for $13,200 big ones or well over 8X condition guide for what is about the 10th highest graded copy.   :whatthe:

Now, that's definitely an indication of how strong the demand is for this book here.  :cloud9:

Agreed. The HTF classic covers are on an absolute tear.

9 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I was only bidding on Sensation 10, I bid about 50% over the last GPA and got outbid, so then I tried Sensation 10, and someone must have discovered these books, it's not like 7 seas, but these were always cheap. That darn movie is ruining my upgrading schemes..

I did win this one, but pretty much by accident, it was just too low and I tossed on a bid. Higher grade than the copy I have, so I'm happy. I guess the high prices on the others only make the lower ones I have worth more, but I may leave my collection as is for a while. 

sen1.1138a.jpg

Great book Sha!

14 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I was only bidding on Sensation 10, I bid about 50% over the last GPA and got outbid, so then I tried Sensation 10, and someone must have discovered these books, it's not like 7 seas, but these were always cheap. That darn movie is ruining my upgrading schemes..

I did win this one, but pretty much by accident, it was just too low and I tossed on a bid. Higher grade than the copy I have, so I'm happy. I guess the high prices on the others only make the lower ones I have worth more, but I may leave my collection as is for a while. 

sen1.1138a.jpg

:applause:Beautiful Book Sharon, one of the more fantastic WW/SC covers! Congrats!

17 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

It just seemed like these books should share the same home again. To have Larson’s of my two favorite Fox books? :whee:

36CE05C5-57E5-42EA-B89F-FD823344DD5A.jpeg

85F41C6B-17DF-427C-AED2-0CE1EB144F50.jpeg

Well done Sir. Wish I’d bid you up higher! lol

32 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I think Clink just had two copies of 41 at auction, so maybe that helped keep the competition down. Anyway, that one looks to have great color. Nice pickup.

I was hoping to get the Sensation 2 at HA's event but the final price caught me off guard. (Even if I was willing to go for it, it was above HA's credit card limit and I wasn't ready with cash.) Then I got a piece of original art I *had* to have a couple of weeks ago, so the #2 tonight would've had to belly flop for me to afford it. I have to tell myself that there'll always be more copies of specific books and not of specific original art, but who knows if I'll be able to afford these Sensation and WW books later.

Edited by Greenlake

On 3/21/2018 at 3:36 PM, Sqeggs said:

Well, I have to say I was surprised to see the Tec 175 go for $4,400 and the Tec 176 go for $4,500.  Yes, they are 9.4s and yes, that's a tough period to find copies in high grade, but neither is a census topper or has an interesting cover, and I don't know of anything that particularly distinguishes those issues. I figured they would go for half what they did. 

+1