• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Feb 2018 auction
5 5

365 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Love to know the story behind that one!

No story, a friend found it for me at a show, or eBay or something. I think Rick and I were looking for 1 copy for 2 years, so I grabbed that one. It was probably just a BB gun. I had a matching WW 7, lol. They were both as my old friend Dr. Skull used to describe them, "Near Lint" copies;) 

They are both happily living in Singapore now. I met a friend on eBay who worked for the Singapore embassy, nice, nice man, Winston:) He bought them. I think I brought them to him in London or something. It was a while ago;)

Edited by skypinkblu

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

No story, a friend found it for me at a show, or eBay or something. I think Rick and I were looking for 1 copy for 2 years, so I grabbed that one. It was probably just a BB gun. I had a matching WW 7, lol. They were both as my old friend Dr. Skull used to describe them, "Near Lint" copies;) 

They are both happily living in Singapore now. I met a friend on eBay who worked for the Singapore embassy, nice, nice man, Winston:) He bought them. I think I brought them to him in London or something. It was a while ago;)

Dr. Skull and the Trailer of Doom!

I love backstories on comics.  It would be great if those books were from an OO collection and the story was, "One day, as a kid, I walked down a dark alley and a local tough fired a BB gun at me.  Those two comics were scrunched up under my jacket and absorbed the blow. I got away unhurt!"

15 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Dr. Skull and the Trailer of Doom!

I love backstories on comics.  It would be great if those books were from an OO collection and the story was, "One day, as a kid, I walked down a dark alley and a local tough fired a BB gun at me.  Those two comics were scrunched up under my jacket and absorbed the blow. I got away unhurt!"

I think it was probably more like...This piece of trash is a "Girls's comic" I'm gonna use it for target practice;)

No more stories till you tell me your ID from that chatboard...:devil:

6 minutes ago, comicjack said:

No, but you have to be happy having a copy of Wonderworld 7 (thumbsu

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

You know what I am going to do?  I am going to pull out my Lou Fine books and look at them tonight.  Just to remind myself of how cool they are.

Don't just look, talk to them and tell them how happy you are that they are living with you ! I'm going to hug my near lint copy;)  (no, I am not drinking;)

5ab5abbc3ebe8_wonderworld7acgc001.thumb.jpg.8d337ce4c02541cbcb743925ca7594a6.jpg

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Don't just look, talk to them and tell them how happy you are that they are living with you ! I'm going to hug my near lint copy;)  (no, I am not drinking;)

5ab5abbc3ebe8_wonderworld7acgc001.thumb.jpg.8d337ce4c02541cbcb743925ca7594a6.jpg

It is a great looking copy Sharon that is having its day !