• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Feb 2018 auction
5 5

365 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, comicjack said:

That was a pretty cover deserving a pretty price (thumbsu

I agree. And with outliers like that and the Baker Boom, It will be some time before Overstreet can get a close to accurate Top 10 Romance Book list. The genre is still in bloom and new 'it' books are happening everyday. 

2 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I really thought tonight my Suspense 3 dreams would come true.  :flamed:

Congrats to the buyer. Hopefully more copies come to market. 

I think it got that price for the top end is way beyond the average guy,so the low end got a strong finish ;)

4 minutes ago, podboy66 said:

3/4 on this auction, after 0/3 at Hakes and not bidding at HA

2 DC’s to boot:ohnoez:

63F79D88-4FD5-4BE1-994B-EFBDFCEEC76F.jpeg

LOL...congrats, I think that's the 2nd time in 2 days you outbid  me on a book. That was a great price:)  I saw you list your undercopy of the other book in the forum. Great taste, Vern:) Glad someone nice won it:) I won 3 other slight upgrades, so I'm happy.

20 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

LOL...congrats, I think that's the 2nd time in 2 days you outbid  me on a book. That was a great price:)  I saw you list your undercopy of the other book in the forum. Great taste, Vern:) Glad someone nice won it:) I won 3 other slight upgrades, so I'm happy.

Hi Sharon, very small community we have here and it looks like we outbid each other all of the time. :foryou:  I wonder which Boardie outbid me on the 8.5 Marvel Mystery 17?

1 minute ago, podboy66 said:

Hi Sharon, very small community we have here and it looks like we outbid each other all of the time. :foryou:  I wonder which Boardie outbid me on the 8.5 Marvel Mystery 17?

Not me :foryou:

I was not planning on bidding at all. A friend here, is a very bad influence...or a good one? hm

1 hour ago, podboy66 said:

I wonder which Boardie outbid me on the 8.5 Marvel Mystery 17?

I can assure you that the consignor is most appreciative of your being such a fine, upstanding underbidder. (worship)

2 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

I can assure you that the consignor is most appreciative of your being such a fine, upstanding underbidder. (worship)

Hi Adam, I was pretty sure that was your copy.  Looks like I should have made an offer:cry:

13 minutes ago, podboy66 said:

Hi Adam, I was pretty sure that was your copy.  Looks like I should have made an offer:cry:

It was a very pretty copy from the same collection as the 12, which I thought had the most intense colors of any of them.

2 hours ago, comicjack said:

No, but you have to be happy having a copy of Wonderworld 7 (thumbsu

Just for the record: Wonderworld #7 8.0, final hammer = $22,554.

An 8.0 (presumably the same book based on only one copy on GPA) sold for $16,730 less than a year ago (August 2017)...

16 hours ago, sagii said:

Wow! Is that a record for a L.B. Cole Romance book?

If not, it has to be up there.  Cole romance has gotten hot, although still not as hot as Mr. B.

I'm in the minority, but that's not a cover I'm crazy about, so I didn't go after it.