• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,009 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

This "throwing her in the pond" scene was censored out upon its 1931 release and subsequently lost until 1980's when it was rediscovered in the collection of the British national film archives....

Karloff was never happy with this scene and was pleased to see it censored as he felt that it removed any sympathy for the monster and would also shock the viewing audience. There was another cut scene that was restored involving Henry Frankenstein (Colin Clive) shouting to the Heavens: "It's alive! It's alive! In the name of God! Now I know what it feels to be God!"

The title of this one alone would have scared me to death as a child , i would have had nightmares....

i will never forget seeing a Frankenstein and Dracula double feature at the theatre in the mid 60's as a child and i had nightmares for weeks.....

in fact i may have even have seen this "die monster die" movie as a child because my Dad loved them , but it was sooooo scary i repressed it from my memory until just now lol 

Image result for die monster die comic Image result for die monster die comic

Edited by 1950's war comics

15 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Karloff was never happy with this scene and was pleased to see it censored as he felt that it removed any sympathy for the monster and would also shock the viewing audience. There was another cut scene that was restored involving Henry Frankenstein (Colin Clive) shouting to the Heavens: "It's alive! It's alive! In the name of God! Now I know what it feels to be God!"

42 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

in fact i may have even have seen this "die monster die" movie as a child because my Dad loved them , but it was sooooo scary i repressed it from my memory until just now lol 

Image result for die monster die comic Image result for die monster die comic

Edit

This movie was based on the Lovecraft story "The colour out of space" in a way it's a similar story to Karloff's earlier The Invisible ray 1936 were a meteorite poisons him. I never warmed to Nick Adams as a lead as it was hard to tell him from the sets (wooden).  

Here is another great Dell horror - an adaptation of Creature from the Black Lagoon (my favorite of the Universal monsters). This is the first printing, it proved to be a very popular issue and a second printing was also made.

s-l400 (9).jpg

Edited by Cushing Fan

2 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Here is another great Dell horror - an adaptation of Creature from the Black Lagoon (my favorite of the Universal monsters). This is the first printing, it proved to be a very popular issue and a second printing was also made.

s-l400 (9).jpg

Creature is my favorite of these Universal monsters.

I use to have the model.

Image result for aurora creature black lagoon model