• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,013 posts in this topic

I just watched a few episodes of Night Gallery on Youtube.... one was called "Cool Air" i loved the show as a kid and it was scary ... it doesn't seem to hold up as well today compared to back then, Kind of a bit too slow paced... but i plan on watching some more episodes ,,... Youtube is so awesome !! one can watch just about any old TV episode of just about any series... FOR FREE!!!!

Image result for night gallery cool Cool Air shock ending !!

Edited by 1950's war comics

It is fascinating to read about Rod Serling......

he had a great and vivid imagination even as a young child and loved to tell stories ... one time his whole family packed up the car for a two hour drive to grandma's house or something and the family had made a mutual pact that when Rod started talking ,, then nobody was to interrupt him and just let him talk as long as he wanted..... and Rod talked the entire two hour trip without stopping and without even realizing he was doing all the talking lol 

I ,.. like many was a big "Twilight Zone" fan.. grew up with it and have seen all the famous episodes , but that being said ,,, i know that with 156 total episodes of the show that even if i have seen 75% of them that still leaves many episodes to catch up on one of these days , thanks to Youtube someday "God willing" i will see all the episodes i have missed ,.... 

sort of like the Beverly hllbillies.... i thought i had seen them all over the course of my lifetime but then i found out there are 274 episodes , so realistically i have probably only seen 75% of them... don't have any desire to see those missing episodes though....

11 minutes ago, tv horror said:

He also wrote the --script for the first Planet of the apes movie in 1968 and look where that led. We're still monkeying around 50 years later.xD

52b3c7ef23585b6415db65e92a40ff11.jpg.b10c94d64715aaec86c61cdd59eb107a.jpg

Wow , i did not know Serling wrote Planet of the Apes which i consider to have one of ... if not thee .....greatest shock endings of all time ....

i saw the movie at the theatre back when it came out and i was stunned at the ending and still vividly remember to this day how i felt when i saw the statue of liberty...

I was looking through Dell comics and I came across this one from Bewitched, I have to admit I loved Jennie more but Ms Mongormery was a close third the second being Morticia hubba hubba. However the cover of this comic made me think that the child probably grew up with a bad case of Coulrophobia a persistent  fear of clowns.xD

442dd49a1aeb505bfafce40a101c103f.jpg.79e2b6ec81d286b303e713151ed7d22e.jpg

14 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Wow , i did not know Serling wrote Planet of the Apes which i consider to have one of ... if not thee .....greatest shock endings of all time ....

i saw the movie at the theatre back when it came out and i was stunned at the ending and still vividly remember to this day how i felt when i saw the statue of liberty...

Rod Serling was a brillant man who died much too young.

Just watched an episode from the 1985 Twilight Zone series , called "Dreams for Sale"   i remembered watching when it came out originally and being very impressed , it is still great

and makes one appreciate what we have....

in case anyone is interested....it's pretty short , only 9:09 long...

10 hours ago, tv horror said:

I was looking through Dell comics and I came across this one from Bewitched, I have to admit I loved Jennie more but Ms Mongormery was a close third the second being Morticia hubba hubba. However the cover of this comic made me think that the child probably grew up with a bad case of Coulrophobia a persistent  fear of clowns.xD

442dd49a1aeb505bfafce40a101c103f.jpg.79e2b6ec81d286b303e713151ed7d22e.jpg

PK08.gif.c80224ab81d7a2bd470f4cbc14b58d67.gif

I'm in TWO minds today whether to post these comics just like Dr Jekyll however they are really nice eye-catching covers.:) I'm just sorry that comics like these aren't more freely available for the kids of today as it would encourage them to move on to the classics in book form. Before you ask yes I've read all the classics including Frankenstein which everyone claims to have read and didn't, WE know who you are?xD

852859.jpg.24ee2e78f163d9f0f1b3d6a561d60a6b.jpg539406-13_1.jpg.cc39f7d611561eb191a5a165b12b4ba9.jpg