• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,009 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

do you have this one in your collection ?

No I'm a Spidey collector with three to go although I would be content with just a run of 1-to present,  AF15 is a dream. I still need AF15 1, 2 Amazing but there's no rush as that's half the fun of it collecting. 

3 minutes ago, tv horror said:

No I'm a Spidey collector with three to go although I would be content with just a run of 1-to present,  AF15 is a dream. I still need AF15 1, 2 Amazing but there's no rush as that's half the fun of it collecting. 

Oh i thought you might have it as part of your frankenstein/horror collection.....

48 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Oh i thought you might have it as part of your frankenstein/horror collection.....

I have over 5000 magazines 1500 books comics toys posters collectables all on horror and sci-fi movies oh and a dog! My wee Grand nephew wants me to start a Youtube channel however I'm too shy and a very private person so I'm happy. Thanks for your support on the threads it means a lot.:)

images.jpg.04142ec2294025cec9a79bd557b5755d.jpg

16 hours ago, tv horror said:

I have over 5000 magazines 1500 books comics toys posters collectables all on horror and sci-fi movies oh and a dog! My wee Grand nephew wants me to start a Youtube channel however I'm too shy and a very private person so I'm happy. Thanks for your support on the threads it means a lot.:)

images.jpg.04142ec2294025cec9a79bd557b5755d.jpg

That is a vast an impressive collection?‼️How do you store it all⁉️

31 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

How do you store it all⁉️

"With great stuff...Comes great responsibility!":)  I've built (multi-talented that's me) bookcases floor to ceiling also sliding bookcases to fit in more and display cases in a 15ft by 13ft room, my little crypt so to speak. However everything is in its place and I can put my hand on anything I need, I've always had ONE rule to rule them all...Don't buy what you don't need and it seems to have worked heh heh heh.<3 

5aa58299b5ba5_SCREWYTRUANT(13).png.744ed77dd4ca292ecdf436ebee462faa.pngI know very little other than Franky was created? I mean drawn by Richard (D) Briefer and as you mentioned they began as a horror title and for the first few months or so issues the violence was a bit to graphic for kids and sales began to slip. However Briefer brought him back to life so to speak as a more lovable character and the sales perked up dramatically as the fans grew. It's funny but his nose always reminded me of those old Tex Avery (yea I got to mention another hero) cartoons. I don't know if you know of Tex but in his cartoons there is always a poor dog who gets hit on the nose with a hammer and the nose takes on a personality and yelps and hides in the dogs folds, classic.:)

I can't resist it I HAVE to do a post about Tex Avery the man was a genius and his humour was decades ahead of today's output which can firmly lay a claim to his influence: Ren and Stimpy SpongeBob to name a few. My favourite was a cartoon called "Who killed who?" It was a laugh a minute.<3

Who_Killed_Who.jpg.adeca1c16ccf96d27861e3995d40c4cb.jpgimages.jpg.1acb86c01171547e6397db2ced733836.jpg 

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

4661df0450883e5cca1dd5148351fded--jerry-lewis-jerry-oconnell.jpg.33369e21113961a51d32d3aff3a682d2.jpgJerry-Lewis-comic-book-290.jpg.23ea87659ddf29e9142d8c0fdbafc7ca.jpg

Today we are going to look at a real irritating comedian Jerry Lewis and his brush with the monsters.:)

amazing that these comics came out so long ago and he lived until 2017, i think the first issue of the Jerry Lewis/ Dean Martin comic was from 1952 !

the first issue is a minor grail i would like to get some day ...

On 3/11/2018 at 5:04 PM, tv horror said:

I can't resist it I HAVE to do a post about Tex Avery the man was a genius and his humour was decades ahead of today's output which can firmly lay a claim to his influence: Ren and Stimpy SpongeBob to name a few. My favourite was a cartoon called "Who killed who?" It was a laugh a minute.<3

never heard of him before but i like learning and reading about new people on on Wikipedia (thumbsu

2f21c42bcd3e292f3794af39e41b0f1a.thumb.jpg.73088a40aca6e8abc747e91473484cf5.jpg

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

Bugs Bunny

As you mentioned Bugs Tex co-created his archenemy Duffy along with Bob Clampett. I hope you will search out other cartoons made by him: Droopy, Red hot riding hood and House of tomorrow.  Some of his jokes have came eerily true  such as his crossing an Octopus with a chicken to get eight drumsticks, genetics in the making.:)

18 hours ago, tv horror said:

As you mentioned Bugs Tex co-created his archenemy Duffy along with Bob Clampett. I hope you will search out other cartoons made by him: Droopy, Red hot riding hood and House of tomorrow.  Some of his jokes have came eerily true  such as his crossing an Octopus with a chicken to get eight drumsticks, genetics in the making.:)

i will have to check these other ones out too (thumbsu

Edited by 1950's war comics