• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,015 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

That's so GREAT!

On 5/21/2018 at 8:25 PM, 1950's war comics said:

@tv horror 

did they have these cereals in Ireland back in the 60's  ??

Image result for quisp cereal  Image result for quake cereal 60's

These are before my time but I have heard they were very popular?

In March 1971, the first two cereals in the line were introduced, the chocolate-flavored Count Chocula and the strawberry-flavored Franken Berry. In the commercials, the two monsters, Count Alfred Chocula and Franken Berry, would engage in comic bickering over which cereal was better, when something or someone else interfered in their verbal sparring and scared them out of their wits.

In February 1972, Franken Berry cereal included an indigestible pigment that turned some children's feces pink, a symptom sometimes referred to as "Franken Berry Stool."[5][6][7] Boo Berry, reputedly the first blueberry-flavored cereal,[8] was released on December 1973, and Fruit Brute in 1974. Fruit Brute was discontinued by 1982 and replaced in 1987 by Fruity Yummy Mummy, which was discontinued in 1992.[9]

Edited by 1950's war comics

In 2014, General Mills enlisted the help of DC Comics to create new designs for the cereals in time for that Halloween. The designs, revealed on August 6, consisted of a Boo Berry design by Jim Lee, a Count Chocula design by Terry Dodson and a Franken Berry design by Dave Johnson.[15]

BOO BERRY designed by JIM LEE

Image result for boo berry jim lee

22 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

In March 1971, the first two cereals in the line were introduced, the chocolate-flavored Count Chocula and the strawberry-flavored Franken Berry. In the commercials, the two monsters, Count Alfred Chocula and Franken Berry, would engage in comic bickering over which cereal was better, when something or someone else interfered in their verbal sparring and scared them out of their wits.

In February 1972, Franken Berry cereal included an indigestible pigment that turned some children's feces pink, a symptom sometimes referred to as "Franken Berry Stool."[5][6][7] Boo Berry, reputedly the first blueberry-flavored cereal,[8] was released on December 1973, and Fruit Brute in 1974. Fruit Brute was discontinued by 1982 and replaced in 1987 by Fruity Yummy Mummy, which was discontinued in 1992.[9]

Franken berry stool ?that is funny lol a pink stool from cereal?????

On 5/26/2018 at 5:04 PM, 1950's war comics said:

Those cereals you listed above from the 1970’s along with these 

E8AC4B74-EAB9-44D9-8E26-B1775466B118.jpeg.86ec4ae88d86e9ad274c61c77c1b6b87.jpeg

bring me right back to my Saturday morning cartoons (Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny, Speed Racer, Josie and the Pussycats,etc. etc.) and playing with Hot Wheels, Big Jim, Mego superheroes, Aurora glow in the dark model kits, etc...

I think Count Chocula was purchased the most followed by the others. If I was forced to eat real food for breakfast (bacon,eggs,etc...) I at least had Tang to wash it down with. :nyah:

Great memories....

On 5/18/2018 at 6:46 PM, 1950's war comics said:

This Lost in Space Aurora model kit is one of the more valuable model for sale,.... if it is mint in box i think its worth a thousand or so.....

Image result for lost in space model kit  Image result for lost in space model kit

This is not an Aurora model.  It's a copy of an Aurora model - reverse engineered from an original 1960s model...just so that no one's confused thinking that the Polar Lights reproduction pictured is a vintage 1960s kit...

On 5/26/2018 at 7:07 PM, 1950's war comics said:

In 2014, General Mills enlisted the help of DC Comics to create new designs for the cereals in time for that Halloween. The designs, revealed on August 6, consisted of a Boo Berry design by Jim Lee, a Count Chocula design by Terry Dodson and a Franken Berry design by Dave Johnson.[15]

BOO BERRY designed by JIM LEE

Image result for boo berry jim lee

I wonder who owns the original of that?  I like that alot.

21 hours ago, N e r V said:

Those cereals you listed above from the 1970’s along with these 

E8AC4B74-EAB9-44D9-8E26-B1775466B118.jpeg.86ec4ae88d86e9ad274c61c77c1b6b87.jpeg

bring me right back to my Saturday morning cartoons (Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny, Speed Racer, Josie and the Pussycats,etc. etc.) and playing with Hot Wheels, Big Jim, Mego superheroes, Aurora glow in the dark model kits, etc...

I think Count Chocula was purchased the most followed by the others. If I was forced to eat real food for breakfast (bacon,eggs,etc...) I at least had Tang to wash it down with. :nyah:

Great memories....

Those don’t even look very good?‼️?