• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,015 posts in this topic

TV Guide called The Creeping Terror "pure camp" and said that it might be the second-worst horror film ever made, behind only Plan 9 from Outer Space.

this is the "so called monster"  hard to tell what it really looks like ,... other than some guy inside some old piece of shag carpet....

Image result for creeping terror

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

this horror movie is considered one of the worst movies of all time...

The creature is described as “...an elongated alien monster resembling a clumsy shag rug which devours people through a gaping maw, overturns cars and takes forever to shamble 10 feet

I heard of this one unfortunately because I'm a bit of a film and tv historian I have to be aware of these turkeys. It's not one I can sweep under the carpet (ouch). If the Terror kills by static caused by its slow movements it might have been more interesting however they mentioned its huge MAW which I take for slang. A carpet with a big mouth the mind boggles.:)   

TV Guide called The Creeping Terror "pure camp" and said that it might be the second-worst horror film ever made, behind only Plan 9 from Outer Space.

this is the "so called monster"  hard to tell what it really looks like ,... other than some guy inside some old piece of shag carpet....

It could pass as a Kirby / Lee creation, Shag the carpet that PILES on fleeing people!

Poor special effects ??‼️Dirt poor?

1 minute ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Before you read too much into those panels, just remember that Ditko wasn't filling those word balloons with dialogue.

Aha! See what I mean Stan's inner thoughts, he might have seen a bit of himself in JJ drawings and he played along with the homage. It's just a thought or he could be Norman Osborn but that's another stretch for another day.:roflmao: 

7 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

this film still is about the scariest part of the the movie lol 

Almost all of the victims tend to stand in place and scream rather than flee the easily outrunable creature, except the ones in cars. They just kind of sit there and scream, even though they could outspeed the monster by walking away casually. The monster design pretty much makes it impossible to eat anyone without their willing assistance.

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

Here is a fantastic blog that somewhat agrees with me notice the Kevin Smith quote from Stan Lee I rest my case.

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/695/ditko5.html

Thanks for that link!  Stan Lee sure is a fascinating personality -- however awful he may (presumably) have been to work with, he seemed very comfortable working the self-deprecation angle into his otherwise self-promoting public image.

10 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Almost all of the victims tend to stand in place and scream rather than flee the easily outrunable creature, except the ones in cars. They just kind of sit there and scream, even though they could outspeed the monster by walking away casually. The monster design pretty much makes it impossible to eat anyone without their willing assistance.

Kind of like a movie with Jason in it.  He walks along and the "victim" falls or runs into something.xD

18 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

WTF?hm

21 hours ago, tv horror said:

Here is a fantastic blog that somewhat agrees with me notice the Kevin Smith quote from Stan Lee I rest my case.

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/695/ditko5.html

Thank you for the Ditko link mrHorror it was an interesting read

I used to read Famous monsters magazine back in the 70's and I was always so jealous of American TV viewers getting to watch Dark shadows in the afternoon. It was not until the late nineties that I got to watch the series and fell in love with the characters, Angelique (yummy) Barnabas and Quentin Collins, I was hooked. I have read the comics and they lacked a good storyline and the cheapness showed through in the artwork, amazingly their reprints go for a lot of money? As for Angelique she was and still is a beauty I loved her.

nods angelique.jpg

angelique nods looking pensive.JPG

images.jpg

Edited by tv horror