• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,010 posts in this topic

The 32nd episode from season five aired September 5th, 1975 on the NBC Sunday night mystery movie series, our family always watched Columbo together, we loved them and i distinctly remember many, many of the episodes from their original airing ...

the episode with Janet Leigh is considered by some to be one of the finest in the series and it was called "Forgotten Lady"

Image result for janet leigh columbo forgotten lady both Falk and Leigh were age 45 in this episode, 

She was made up to be playing an older woman

Edited by 1950's war comics

Forgotten Lady is famous for being the only episode where Columbo did not arrest the killer...

This is the only episode in which the perpetrator is not arrested, as Ned Diamond (John Payne), Wheeler's longtime song and dance partner who has always loved Grace, falsely confesses to save her after Columbo informs him she is suffering from a degenerative brain disease {the primary reason her husband refused to finance her return) and likely no longer even remembers the murder. Nonetheless, Columbo is prepared to arrest her. Diamond makes his false confession to Grace who briefly becomes hysterical. Columbo arrests Diamond, both realizing that by the time he is cleared, Grace will have died. Columbo's normal instincts thwarted, he makes several half turns – as though to enter the screening room – where Grace, lost in the past, is watching the film, having already forgotten Diamond's confession. Columbo then leaves the mansion, following Diamond.

Surprisingly ,..Dell, nor anyone else never printed a "Columbo" comic book ... the closest i could find was a Cracked magazine cover and an interior Mad parody..

Image result for columbo comicbook Haha , cleaning up after Columbo because he is so slovenly .....

Image result for columbo comicbook Great interior artwork in the Mad parody which was called "Clodumbo"

Edited by 1950's war comics

Tony Curtis is best known (among many other things) as the first to declare "I am Spartacus"

in the BRILLIANT and FAMOUS ending scene from the movie "Spartacus" . also staring Kirk Douglas (still alive today at age 101)

Image result for tony curtis i am spartacus gif " I am Spartacus"

54 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Surprisingly ,..Dell, nor anyone else never printed a "Columbo" comic book ... the closest i could find was a Cracked magazine cover and an interior Mad parody..

Image result for columbo comicbook Haha , cleaning up after Columbo because he is so slovenly .....

Image result for columbo comicbook Great interior artwork in the Mad parody which was called "Clodumbo"

Columbo is up there with Sherlock Holmes,Monk and Inspector Clousesu as my favorites detectives.