• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,009 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Anybody who likes Lon Chaney is A-OK in my books. I'm also pleased that you went to the trouble of seeking out Chaney's more obscure movies, as for TCM they always show some great movies around this time and used to publish little pamphlets on what was going to be shown. 

q6gbmd48l0r9mb4q.jpg

Chaney made approximately 157 films- 100 of which are lost. My hope is that sme of these lost films show up- especially London After Midnight. 

13 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Here goes mine.

1. Bride of Frankenstein

2. Frankenstein

3. Creature From The Black Lagoon.(Always a fan of the Gill-Man)

4. Mummy 1932 Karloff

5. Dracula 1931 Lugosi

if we go to 10.

6. The Wolfman Lon Chaney Jr.

7. Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

8. Son of Frankenstein

9. Invisible Man

10. Phantom of the Opera 1943

One thing I've come to realize about the Universal Monsters - I've grown to appreciate them more as time goes on. 

4 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Chaney made approximately 157 films- 100 of which are lost. My hope is that sme of these lost films show up- especially London After Midnight. 

I guess that is considered the holy grail of lost silent films. Every year people look for it, but still missing.

Image result for London After Midnight.

Sideshow put out an awesome premium format and diorama collection of Univeresal Monsters years ago.

The Mummy was the most incredible piece- here's one that I found in a charity auction on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-The-Mummy-Sarcophagus-Premium-Format-Figure/163307764905?hash=item2605e6bca9:g:XnsAAOSwGgdbvllb:rk:3:pf:0

Edited by bronze johnny

3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I guess that is considered the holy grail of lost silent films. Every year people look for it, but still missing.

Image result for London After Midnight.

Interesting thing about this is that London After Midnight will be in the public domain within the next few years and there's a belief that if any copy exits, it will appear then. I'm hoping this is the case.

21 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I guess they were the first cinematic movie universe. (thumbsu

The 50s Sci-Fi were always my favorite- Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Giant Behemoth, Them, Forbidden Planet, Godzilla, Earth v. The Flying Saucers, Monolith Monsters, Kronos, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, This Island Earth, The Giant Claw (so bad it's good), The Thing from Another World, etc.. The Universal Monsters and the Hammer films are right up there for me now.

Island of Lost Souls is my top non-universal horror film from that era.

Edited by bronze johnny

36 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Sideshow put out an awesome premium format and diorama collection of Univeresal Monsters years ago.

The Mummy was the most incredible piece- here's one that I found in a charity auction on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-The-Mummy-Sarcophagus-Premium-Format-Figure/163307764905?hash=item2605e6bca9:g:XnsAAOSwGgdbvllb:rk:3:pf:0

Nice find I'm sure you'll DIG it as you UNWRAP the package.:bigsmile:

17 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

The 50s Sci-Fi were always my favorite- Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Giant Behemoth, Them, Forbidden Planet, Godzilla, Earth v. The Flying Saucers, Monolith Monsters, Kronos, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, This Island Earth, The Giant Claw (so bad it's good), The Thing from Another World, etc.. The Universal Monsters and the Hammer films are right up there for me now.

Island of Lost Souls is my top non-universal horror film from that era.

You have great taste Johnny ( proved by finding us) there's some fantastic movies there and the Thing from another World is an all time classic. Why he even had his own mini me?

download (3).jpg

download (2).jpg