• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,015 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, tv horror said:

I believe that the fans of these characters are getting older by the day the so called Baby boomer generation and the fanbase is falling (death illness old age). It's not doing the owners any favours as they will soon be forgotten by the current generation Karloff Lugosi Chaney who? (thumbsu  

It's like trying to tell Susan Hart (Nicholson) to sell the DVD rights to her AIP films. She ain't getting any younger and neither are the fans of her movies, but she's still holding out for a figure that no one is interested in paying. 

Just now, Mike Scott said:

It's like trying to tell Susan Hart (Nicholson) to sell the DVD rights to her AIP films. She ain't getting any younger and neither are the fans of her movies, but she's still holding out for a figure that no one is interested in paying. 

Yes Mike I read about her holding out, on the one hand I can understand her wanting money for her father's work, yet you are quite right the fanbase is getting fewer by the day. It's getting to be a very narrow window for classic horror collectors and as such they still demand the quality of Blu-ray and such and most importantly keep her father's memory in the public eye.  

5 hours ago, tv horror said:

I sort of stumbled across my other half earlier I think I'm in love<3 What do you think?

Isn't she a beauty.

s-l1600.jpg

What paper bags were made for!

Spoiler

To put your comics and mags in

Edited by Gnasher

42 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

What paper bags were made for!

Reveal hidden contents

To put your comics and mags in

Just concentrate on the back cover and you'll be fine :)

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Dear ol' Frankie, he was born just up the road from where I am, well 4/5 miles (thumbsu

He was a truly great comedian and I remember seeing his films as a child and never once did I get the double meaning, his films were like the early Carry on series pure genius, they worked on both levels that both a child and adult would get a different type of enjoyment out of what they had just watched.:golfclap: Up the chastity belt is my all time favourite film of his and Eartha Kitt helped.

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

I also liked his performance in The House in Nightmare park alongside Ray Milland, it had some nice spooky scenes.(thumbsu 

download (1).jpg

download.jpg

Must confess, I haven't seen it.  Apparently he gave a lot of writers their start and gave them credit for it, unlike the other Eltham comedian, a Mr. Hope, or something?

The Up Pompeii series was my favourite, sadly not politically correct enough for repeating, unless I  missed 'em! 

He did a couple of Carry Ons, Jungle was one, the other was one of the hospital settings???