• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,020 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, tv horror said:

I like the artwork on this set of digests released by Badger in the UK, I'm always amazed at an artists work who I never knew about Henry Fox.

Here is a publicity blurb from 30th Century comics:  Badger’s Supernatural Stories. The series ran from 1954 to 1967 and was mainly written by Robert Lionel Fanthorpe and John Glasby, using a variety of pseudonyms. Each book was rigidly written to have 45,000 words, leading to some incongruous instances of padding or extremely rapid plot resolutions, depending on how close the author got to the target. A mere £22.50 was paid for each book, so the publishers got what they paid for! Most issues resemble pulps, having several short stories instead of one novel; these are listed under the editor’s ‘name’, John S Manning (actually Maurice Nahum), while single story issues are listed by author. Each comes with a lurid cover, usually courtesy of Henry Fox. Just a few titles to whet your appetite – enough to show that they lived up to their slogan 

Fascinating story TVHorror ! wow i can't believe they each had 45,000 word stories ...

you are correct that the artwork is real good !! as good as many pre code horror comics i have seen !

i really like the King Kong cover (he has ripped a building right out of the ground and is wielding it like a club !)

the only slightly bad cover is the mermaid one as she looks kinda masculine lol 

25 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Fascinating story TVHorror ! wow i can't believe they each had 45,000 word stories ...

you are correct that the artwork is real good !! as good as many pre code horror comics i have seen !

i really like the King Kong cover (he has ripped a building right out of the ground and is wielding it like a club !)

the only slightly bad cover is the mermaid one as she looks kinda masculine lol 

Yeah I heard the model complained as well.:bigsmile:

images (1).jpg

On 4/21/2019 at 9:16 AM, tv horror said:

I'm very busy today, the mother in law is here and she wants me to wash her hair for her.:bigsmile:

44_rc-h_tunbiddenw.jpg.e789caea180676b18124c7f1a82a0d4f.jpg

Who else thinks she looks a bit like Christopher Lee? Either that or Monty Python.:roflmao:

Look she is even giving me the two finger salute.

Not really very scary cover 🤔🤔😂😂😁😃

34 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Not the first date?xD

And last. I should have known something was wrong when the vicar asked us to retire to our respective corners. and at the sound of the bell........

She was a titled lady, two Lonsdale Belts to her name...  :eek:

Edited by Gnasher

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Mrs. Gnasher on our wedding day! :(

319366f20c5010308b7927ee6cfeae24.jpg

Looking closely at this photo you can imagine a very sad story behind the photograph. She seems to be a young widow, maybe her husband was killed in WW1 and used to be a boxing champion and she wanted to keep his memory alive as she had no other photo of him while he was alive? One other thing it's also possible that either she or her husband were Scottish and if I knew the tartans pattern I could tell you their surname or at least their clan.:foryou: Then again it could have been her father.     

6 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Looking closely at this photo you can imagine a very sad story behind the photograph. She seems to be a young widow, maybe her husband was killed in WW1 and used to be a boxing champion and she wanted to keep his memory alive as she had no other photo of him while he was alive? One other thing it's also possible that either she or her husband were Scottish and if I knew the tartans pattern I could tell you their surname or at least their clan.:foryou: Then again it could have been her father.     

Have you been drinking!? lol 

I seriously did laugh out loud to that, and still am.

Edited by Gnasher

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Have you been drinking! lol

:roflmao:I'm an Irishman who never drank anything stronger than tea! However you are right about something wrong I've found that recently I've had to write more in response to some forum posts and it is cramping my style. Maybe you should get the detective badge.

download.jpg

Edited by tv horror