• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,020 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, tv horror said:

:roflmao:I'm an Irishman who never drank anything stronger than tea! However you are right about something wrong I've found that recently I've had to write more in response to some forum posts and it is cramping my style. Maybe you should get the detective badge.

download.jpg

You're a gem mate! (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

So, what's going to win? Witch's magic? Alien's ray gun?....

0.jpg

That blurb is very confusing? So is the Witch called Jenny and she now has a booty call with the Spaceman?  The Spaceman is just BEAMING with delight at her CRACKLING wit!:bigsmile: Great cover Gnasher and it has very striking colours. Spaceman: "Hey you old hag I'm a Vulcan!"  Witch: "Hee hee...Don't you curse at me you pointy headed fishbowl!!":bigsmile:

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

That blurb is very confusing? So is the Witch called Jenny and she now has a booty call with the Spaceman?  The Spaceman is just BEAMING with delight at her CRACKLING wit!:bigsmile: Great cover Gnasher and it has very striking colours. Spaceman: "Hey you old hag I'm a Vulcan!"  Witch: "Hee hee...Don't you curse at me you pointy headed fishbowl!!":bigsmile:

I quite like the ACG covers, a lot of them done by Ogden Whitney, who among other things did the covers for Herbie. (thumbsu

17 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I'll have to look into him as the covers have an earlier feel to them of a bygone age, thanks for letting me know Bob I love finding out about new (old) artists to study.(thumbsu

Came to a bit of a sad ending really, but he worked, as many did for  quite a few publishers...

https://www.pulpartists.com/Whitney.html

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Came to a bit of a sad ending really, but he worked, as many did for  quite a few publishers...

https://www.pulpartists.com/Whitney.html

I love this cover he captured the likeness of Elizabeth Taylor and yes that's the character I was thinking off. My God I must have a ton of information in my head it even scares me.:roflmao: Ogden Whitney:foryou:

63-11,Herbie.jpg

Edited by tv horror

I hear that one of my favourite TV series is to made into a movie Salem's lot it is to be produced by James Wan. I'm pleased that he is involved as he has made so many great horror movies, the only disappointment is HOW can you beat perfection.(worship) The 1979 TV series had the best vampires I've ever watched just look at Barlow, brilliant and the scene in the teachers house! Eek I had trouble being in the house on my own and hearing noises upstairs weeks after I first watched this TV movie.:fear:<3

Reggie Nalder:foryou:

Salems-Lot.jpg

download.jpg

Edited by tv horror

publicity still inside the (studio) cathedral ??

For this production RKO Radio Pictures built on their movie ranch a massive medieval city of Paris and Notre Dame Cathedral in the San Fernando Valley.[11] This was one of the largest and most extravagant sets ever constructed.

Image result for hunchback notre dame cathedral

Edited by 1950's war comics

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

i read somewhere that there is a renewed interest in Hunchback comic books since the Notre Dame cathedral burned down :sorry:

Image result for hunchback notre dame Image result for hunchback notre dame

I have a HUNCH that this guy won't be homeless for long as he was always a bit of a swinger who swept women off their feet.:foryou: Charles Laughton was brilliant in this role, it was Charles who first discovered Maureen O'Hara and brought her to the US.:foryou: 

5 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i read somewhere that there is a renewed interest in Hunchback comic books since the Notre Dame cathedral burned down :sorry:

Image result for hunchback notre dame Image result for hunchback notre dame

This is one of the first films I can remember seeing,  back in the mist of time, when British TV couldn't show a film unless it was at least 10 years after it's release date, so it must have been around 1960. When I think about it, the BBC had a lot of Charles Laughton movies, along with Robert Donat films, The Ghost Goes West being the one I particularly remember from then. I think  Donat was a protégé of Laughton's, but don't quote me.

I read the Notre Dame novel years later, Quasimodo's and Esmerelda's story was a secondary story to the actual history of the Cathedral itself.

the Notre Dame fire was a tragedy for all mankind... luckily they saved many of the artifacts and much of the building ,.. they will rebuild !!!

this model has been posted before ,.. but it is time to post again.....i had a model like this as a kid and made it , i never did paint them them when i was a kid though..

Image result for hunchback model kit Image result for hunchback model kit

my model is long gone but here is one like it....

Edited by 1950's war comics

those who collect vintage plastic model kits are aware that one of the hardest things to find is the original instructions  (they usually got tossed)

AURORA Original 1963 HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME Model Kit Instructions Sheet Only