• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,015 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, tv horror said:

This is for @Mike Scott and @creaturefan95 a woman after their own hearts plus she is cute and knowledgeable what a combo.:foryou:<3

Very jealous of the Mark Alfrey full size Creature! I wanted to see more of her collection. Only saw a handful of things.

3 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

If it was actually pulled from an original mold, OK, but it looks just like the second generation pulls I see on eBay.

You could be right Mike I wasn't impressed with its look, but I do remember reading an article maybe in Famous monsters magazine were they had found the original suit but with the head missing and had to rely on a Don Post replacement, don't quote me but I'm 70% sure, old age makes up the other 30%.(thumbsu As for the full size figure that's a beautiful sculpt and proves just how amazing the original design was by Ms Patrick.(worship) The sleek design provided a perfect suit for Ricou Browning to perform his underwater ballet and for Ben Chapman in the extreme close ups on land I don't think that there's ever been or will be a classic monster that has achieved that level of success.:foryou: 

5 hours ago, tv horror said:

The sleek design provided a perfect suit for Ricou Browning to perform his underwater ballet and for Ben Chapman in the extreme close ups on land I don't think that there's ever been or will be a classic monster that has achieved that level of success.:foryou: 

The only monster suit of it's day that still (would) holds up today! They might put some animatronics in, today, but they're not really needed.

3 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

They might put some animatronics in, today, but they're not really needed.

They didn't need it then, actually there's one scene were you can see the gills breathing that was some accomplishment at the time, even the 1979 Alien was clearly a man in a suit that's why it was kept mostly in the shadows. The Creature costume worked on so many levels that it is a masterpiece of cinema and definitely belongs on the roster of Universal monsters.:foryou:

8 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

Julie did one of the worst "trip and falls" of any damsel fleeing a monster that ever was. She was on the ground before she made it half a step! xD

That is a classic horror movie scene in every movie 😁😁😲 but usually the get more than just a few steps before they fall😁😁🤔