• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,013 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, tv horror said:

How about a nice run of TV guides from yesteryear.:foryou:

not too many CGC graded TV Guides as of yet ..

but this Batman TV series issue is a popular candidate for grading

Image result for graded tv guides

Edited by 1950's war comics

11 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

a graded piece of gum lol something i had never knew existed :flipbait:

Image result for topps gum

I think that's a bit of a STRETCH and I'm not to sure it will STICK at that price, then again I don't want to GUM up the works.:bigsmile:  

20 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

an unopened wax box

When I was a teenager many Moons ago, I was taught how to work a wax sealing machine, in this case it was a bread machine. First it would slice the loaf then wrap it in a wax paper cover before putting it on a trolley, my job at the time was a trainee machinist. I had to change the wax paper that was fed through the machine and I can tell you it was HOT! I've often wondered how these wax wrappers stay sealed especially the ones from the Sixties.(thumbsu   

4 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Good article here.

Phantom of the Opera: Which is the better Universal monster movie? 1925 vs. 1943

Easy! The '25 (or '29). Chaney was the best Phantom! 

My favorite criticism about the '43 (Rains) version, was "Too much opera, not enough Phantom."

21 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I always wondered what Jack Pierce the king of monster make up thought of Lon Chaney sr make up? Too bad Chaney sr died so young as I would have loved to seen him in Universal talkies.

It's funny but I just cannot see Lon Chaney in any of the Universal classics, okay maybe as a vampire hunter or fighting the Mummy but nothing else. As for Jack Pierce he was a very modest man and I would assume he would have admired his talent.

Quote: The sole reason for any makeup, and particularly a character makeup, is not to proclaim the skill of the artist or the actor, but to help tell the story. Therefore, makeup must not be obviously 'makeuppy.' This in turn demands that it be supervised by a qualified artist, for the actor, no matter how skilled he may be in the technical detail of applying his makeup, rarely has the right perspective to judge the makeup without bias.

images (2).jpg

images (1).jpg

images.jpg

download (4).jpg

download (3).jpg

download (2).jpg

download.jpg

23 hours ago, tv horror said:

After all it did have Nelson Eddy! I dislike this version however it's still better than all the other versions that came later except for Hammers attempt.

download (1).jpg

Hammer's is my 2nd favorite "Phantom". Lom was terrific and it had a great score, too!

20 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

4.5 stars!? He sure liked it more than I do! I might give it a 3 because of the Technicolor?

It's the same as The Climax and it had Karloff, even Charlie Chan at the opera  had a more sinister feel to it and it also had Karloff, maybe I'm just a sucker for black and white movies.:foryou:

download.jpg

images.jpg

images (1).jpg

images (2).jpg

Edited by tv horror