• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,009 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Ha ha, these hand buzzers are great!....

i like "Mystery in Space"  !! almost decided to start a run of them but decided on "House of Mystery " instead..

i can't tell which issue that is @Gnasher ?? the issue number seems worn off lol (not that there is anything wrong with a nice reader copy )

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i like "Mystery in Space"  !! almost decided to start a run of them but decided on "House of Mystery " instead..

i can't tell which issue that is @Gnasher ?? the issue number seems worn off lol (not that there is anything wrong with a nice reader copy )

It's issue number 4.(thumbsu 

DSCN3643.thumb.JPG.d38c3299c6b340cb419b10a3a7eeb857.JPG

6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:
4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

of course now i can't miss a chance to shamelessly plug the early issues of my HOM run lol 

Edited by 1950's war comics

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

I just bought this little gem from Ebay, it's the programme for the live performance of Bela Lugosi in England back in 1950. No body was watching it so I got it for £5.:foryou: Here is a link to his visit from the BBC.(thumbsu

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1m2G6Z1GL8hkycnkhn0bnfM/a-dracula-disaster-when-bela-lugosi-came-to-britain

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Great read. I never knew Lugosi went to England to play Dracula again to try to revive his career.

p029ks6m.jpg

i have never actually seen one of the hand buzzers in real life ,,or known anyone who had one.. of course i drooled over getting one of those out of the back of a comic back in the day !! heck i would have taken any of those toys or items from the back of a comic back then if my mom would have bought it for me lol but that never happened 

Image result for hand held joy buzzer Image result for hand held joy buzzer

If any of you are interested in movie and television make-up I highly recommend a book called "Making a monster" written by Al Taylor, it covers all of the most famous make-up artists at that time.:foryou: If you want to read it free clink on this link.(thumbsu

https://archive.org/details/MakingAMonsterByAlTaylorAndSueRoyStarbrite

download.jpg

6 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

One of the kids in our neighborhood had a hand buzzer an we learn real quick not shake his hand😜😜😜😊🥴

Was he the son of Pavlov by any chance?:insane: