• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,010 posts in this topic

i just watched King Kong 1976 , for the first time since i saw it at the theater when it came out ! it was better than ever , i had totally forgot that he climbed the twin towers of the World Trade Center instead of the Empire State building as in the original.....

image.jpeg.9a198333d87128cb1ae837171eff396f.jpeg

Edited by 1950's war comics

during one scene in King Kong 1976 , Kong is atop of one of the twin towers and some guys use a flame thrower on him so he jumps over to the other tower ....

in the end though he is shot many times ,... falls down near the edge , and rolls off the twin towers,,, he is still just barely alive when he lands ...

Image result for king kong world trade center

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

during one scene in King Kong 1976 , Kong is atop of one of the twin towers and some guys use a flame thrower on him so he jumps over to the other tower ....

in the end though he is shot many times ,... falls down near the edge , and rolls off the twin towers,,, he is still just barely alive when he lands ...

Image result for king kong world trade center

Tis beauty that killed the beast...yeah right...More like 50 caliber bullets! :facepalm: 

An interesting article about the first Rogues Gallery Flash #155

I recall a couple of years ago that Spider-man’s Sinister Six was supposedly being targeted for a movie. But with Spider-Man being incorporated in the MCU, it’s probably safe to say that that idea is all but dead. Personally, I’m glad as I have no desire to see Jamie Foxx’s Electro or Paul Giamatti’s Rhino return for another movie. Those were some horrible creative decisions made to some classic villains.

But a team that comes to mind, which coincidentally parallels Marvel’s Sinister Six almost to a tee, is DC’s the Rogues. The Rogues is a team comprised of some of the Flash’s biggest villains much like the Sinister Six was a team of Spider-man’s biggest villains. First appearing in Flash 155, the original team consisted of Captain Cold, Mirror Master, the Top, Heat Wave, Captain Boomerang and the Pied Piper. They were all broken out of jail at the same time by Gorilla Grodd and agree to work together to try and take down the Flash.

Over the years, the Rogues have appeared as a unit numerous times. According to ComicVine, the Rogues have appeared in just over 300 issues. By comparison, the Sinister Six have appeared in just under 250 issues. Comparing Flash 155 with Spider-man Annual 1 in more detail, Flash 155 came out in September 1965 while Spider-man annual 1 came out in October 1964. Neither issue featured the first appearance of any villain but just their first appearance as a team. However, there is one big difference between the two.

You guessed it! This is the undervalued spotlight! The difference is in the value! Spider-Man Annual #1 is listed in the Overstreet at $3,000 in 9.2 while Flash 155 is not even broken out and is listed at $200 in 9.2, or 15 times less! With a Flash movie in the works and the rumor that he will be going up against not one but a team of villains, the Rogues may finally get their time in the limelight.

50 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

First eppearance of the Pied Piper was The Flash #106

Image result for first pied piper comic book

I can recommend a great film called "The Piper" loosely based on the legend made in Korea, I really enjoyed it however please please don't EVER watch the Van Johnson version  it is done in song and rhyme very BAD rhyme and it has Claude Rains as well (his worst film).  

download.jpg