• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2019 at 9:49 AM, tv horror said:

31 days to Halloween so post your favorite monster or movie I'm going to start with this great big ugly mug.:x:x:x 

download.jpg

Is this a good movie MrHorror 🤔🤔 I have never watched it 

12 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Is this a good movie MrHorror 🤔🤔 I have never watched it 

I agree with tv! NIGHT OF THE DEMON is classic horror! Directed by Jacques Tourneur (Cat People, I Walked with a Zombie, etc.) Screenplay by Charles Bennett (most of Hitchcock's mid to late '30s films.)

1 hour ago, Mike Scott said:

I agree with tv! NIGHT OF THE DEMON is classic horror! Directed by Jacques Tourneur (Cat People, I Walked with a Zombie, etc.) Screenplay by Charles Bennett (most of Hitchcock's mid to late '30s films.)

Drag me to Hell is loosely based on the M.R.James short story that inspired Night of the demon called Casting of the runes. In my opinion there has only been two great Satanists in feature films, Charles Gray as Morcata and Niall MacGinnis as Karswell.:x:devil: 

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

I will always first reference John Carpenter's Halloween (1978) as the quintessential horror film for this time of the year. So many great things about this film, especially Carpenter's reference to Howard Hawks' 1951 classic, The Thing from Another World. The Thing and Michael Myers connected two generations of horror fans back in '78. Even the distinct soundtracks for each film. 

IMG_5248.thumb.JPG.8960da4743c3cd4f35d44df1e8819a9b.JPG

Halloween, the film that revived the career of Donald Pleasence. Interesting in that he was John Carpenter's 3rd choice for Loomis (and had to be convinced by his daughter to take the role). Carpenter wrote the part for Peter Cushing and then offered it to Christopher Lee when Cushing's agent turned him down.

loomis-halloween-2018.jpg

4 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Halloween, the film that revived the career of Donald Pleasence. Interesting in that he was John Carpenter's 3rd choice for Loomis (and had to be convinced by his daughter to take the role). Carpenter wrote the part for Peter Cushing and then offered it to Christopher Lee when Cushing's agent turned him down.

loomis-halloween-2018.jpg

Donald was made for this role, as for the Halloween  movie being the quintessential Halloween season feature @bronze johnny is right. Although I wonder has anyone compared Michael Myers to the Frankenstein monster?:bigsmile:

download.jpg

images.jpg

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

Donald was made for this role, as for the Halloween  movie being the quintessential Halloween season feature @bronze johnny is right. Although I wonder has anyone compared Michael Myers to the Frankenstein monster?:bigsmile:

download.jpg

images.jpg

Interestingly, while Dr. Frankie's monster was created for the purpose of conquering death and serves as one of the greatest examples of what happens when we "play god," Michael Myers is an entirely different "monster." The origin of Michael Myers in the original Halloween film had much to do with a "resentment" for his sister's sexual "freedom." Revenge is his motive as he returned to Haddonfield (and keeps returning as we later see!). Frankie did have his moments for revenge but it didn't define his raison d'etre. He (Universal's Frankenstein) wasn't originally pure evil (we see him otherwise portrayed in later films) but a misunderstood monster who even got rejected by the girl. Myers, on the other hand, was the personification of pure evil. Remember what Loomis said about his eyes. Classic! I will say that Frankie and Myers were the greatest monsters of their eras. Jason and Freddie would later appear but Michael is forever identified with the most significant pagan holiday.

Every year the pumpkins are carved and the children dream about trick or treating for candy while a movie comes on television that begins with a lighted eerie jack a lantern with the creepiest background music playing. The camera slowly brings us to the jack a lantern- which as folklore tells us, is suppose to ward off evil spirits. Myers is the one evil spirit that always comes back on the 31st - to frighten newer generations of horror fans and to remind those of us that the fear he instilled in us when we first saw him is still there. Yes, to add to what Loomis said at the end of the film, that was my generation's boogie man.

I can spend hours writing about these films!

Bring on the Halloween Hammer Horror!!

Edited by bronze johnny

That was a great thought out post about I'm assuming your favourite boogie man, I was not comparing Michael with Frankie only that their images match as an unstoppable monster and they kind of look alike? While you are right about Dr Loomis building on the legend and creepiness of the character he has gone well past being human and is now inhuman. I did enjoy the last entry and it has been announced that there will be more sequels but I just hope they don't ruin the mystery of WHAT he is as I think that will ruin the character. If there was one thing I would like to see answered it would be his connection to the myth of Halloween but certainly not a "Curse" type movie as that was terrible. No I would have him Hate the festival and everything about the day.(thumbsu

As for today's Halloween movie we visit the Silver Shamrock factory for Halloween III Season of the Witch, a movie I really enjoyed.:x

1967943669_download(1).jpg.357cfcfc6129c405a3127cdc5072871c.jpg

ARE YOU READY KIDS!!!!

download (2).jpg

Edited by tv horror

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

That was a great thought out post about I'm assuming your favourite boogie man, I was not comparing Michael with Frankie only that their images match as an unstoppable monster and they kind of look alike? While you are right about Dr Loomis building on the legend and creepiness of the character he has gone well past being human and is now inhuman. I did enjoy the last entry and it has been announced that there will be more sequels but I just hope they don't ruin the mystery of WHAT he is as I think that will ruin the character. If there was one thing I would like to see answered it would be his connection to the myth of Halloween but certainly not a "Curse" type movie as that was terrible. No I would have him Hate the festival and everything about the day.(thumbsu

As for today's Halloween movie we visit the Silver Shamrock factory for Halloween III Season of the Witch, a movie I really enjoyed.:x

1967943669_download(1).jpg.357cfcfc6129c405a3127cdc5072871c.jpg

ARE YOU READY KIDS!!!!

download (2).jpg

I really enjoy Halloween III and Tom Atkins was great in it. Had the pleasure of acting in the same sci-fi short with Atkins - a production called Polybius which is making the rounds in the film convention circuit. Here is a cast pic of the Polybius members - I'm the gentleman in the black suit with the stache.

FB_IMG_1555388796204.jpg

17 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

I really enjoy Halloween III and Tom Atkins was great in it. Had the pleasure of acting in the same sci-fi short with Atkins - a production called Polybius which is making the rounds in the film convention circuit. Here is a cast pic of the Polybius members - I'm the gentleman in the black suit with the stache.

FB_IMG_1555388796204.jpg

Ray Cameron: I've got good news and bad news, girls. The good news is your dates are here.

Sorority Girl.  What's the bad news?

Ray Cameron: They're dead.

Tom Atkins in Night of the creeps I also liked him in the Howling. What was the short about Chris and I must say you cast a very sinister vibe there.(thumbsu

15 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Ray Cameron: I've got good news and bad news, girls. The good news is your dates are here.

Sorority Girl.  What's the bad news?

Ray Cameron: They're dead.

Tom Atkins in Night of the creeps I also liked him in the Howling. What was the short about Chris and I must say you cast a very sinister vibe there.(thumbsu

Love Night of the Creeps! Polybius is the urban legend of a gov experiment - a video game that kills by addiction. Aktins was awesome - laid-back, joking around and apparently a big fan of Sam Adam's beer.

FB_IMG_1555389024878.jpg