• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,015 posts in this topic

Halloween is coming up fast and I wanted to mention a must have Man-Thing statue from Sideshow. This is my favorite Sideshow piece outside the Universal Monster premium format stuff. An amazing statue! The box is also a work of art. I don't have a photo of mine so this one will do:

IMG_5312.JPG.fed15abaf9d41796f49fe561a4cc7f2f.JPG

3 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

Halloween is coming up fast and I wanted to mention a must have Man-Thing statue from Sideshow. This is my favorite Sideshow piece outside the Universal Monster premium format stuff. An amazing statue! The box is also a work of art. I don't have a photo of mine so this one will do:

IMG_5312.JPG.fed15abaf9d41796f49fe561a4cc7f2f.JPG

That's a really nice figure Johnny and captures his likeness nicely. I don't collect statues TOO FRAGILE for my liking so I just enjoy looking at them from a distance and this is a nice one. (worship)     

"It's TV Horror! Let's ask him about these extremely rare set of Disney figures that there's only five of in the World?" 

Me "They're very nice may I hold one?

Them "Why certainly...Here you go!"

Me Oops (it drops) how many did you say WERE in the World?":bigsmile:

MY LIFE STORY!

4 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Just for you Johnny today's Halloween movie is Swamp Thing 1982 (yes I know but it's near enough) and starred Louis Jourdan my favourite TV Count Dracula.:x Also Mrs John Carpenter at that time Adrienne Barbeau (yes I would have a big smile too) what a figure that woman has a beauty.:x

download.jpg

images.jpg

What teenage boy didn't gravitate to Andriene Barbeau?

3 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

I had a BIG crush on Adrienne Barbeau and finally got to meet her a number of years ago. Had her sign my Swamp Thing movie poster as well as some Escape from New York photos. Years later I interviewed her for my Donald Pleasence biography.

IMG_20191013_173807947.jpg

Now that is cool!

56 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

I had a BIG crush

So that's what it is called now?:nyah:  That's a nice poster, did you ever hear about her time on the series Maude? She said that they always had her coming down the stairs but not for an entrance but for the bounce! :x 

26 minutes ago, tv horror said:

So that's what it is called now?:nyah:  That's a nice poster, did you ever hear about her time on the series Maude? She said that they always had her coming down the stairs but not for an entrance but for the bounce! :x 

I saw Swamp Thing on HBO as a kid - but imagine my surprise when I got the uncut DVD with Barbeau topless many years later!

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

another vintage Halloween photo  includes a Frankenstein that doesn't look very scary 

Image result for vintage halloween costume photos frankenstein

Kid: With gritted teeth "Call the Police...I'm being kidnapped by Princess Adam and a confused Frankenstein monster!:bigsmile:

download.jpg.a8115161802383972477b92688666f94.jpg

He-man

On 10/12/2019 at 10:59 PM, tv horror said:

I was just" testing" the forum...I knew it all along. :whistle:  Actually I did know it but hey even I have off days.:roflmao: What did you think of all the Creature figures Mike? Is there a collectable or just really nice item you love just that bit more. 

Love the Creature figures! Have some of them. Wish I had the others! :)

On 10/13/2019 at 8:21 AM, tv horror said:

Much like the beloved John Banner, he was also Jewish and Austrian born interned by the Nazi regime .:x

All of the main Nazis on "Hogan's Heroes" were Jewish. Leon Askin (General Burkhalter) and Howard Caine (Gestapo Major Hochstetter) were both Jews and Werner Klemperer (Colonel Klink) had Jewish roots.