• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,013 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, tv horror said:

I wonder how they felt wearing the uniforms of such a hated regime? Even with the parody they must have been concerned especially if any of their families or acquaintances were affected during the War.(worship):foryou:

Unfortunately, they're all dead, so we can't ask them.

@Mike Scott As I read your post about the Creature figures and you stating that there were some you did not have made me wonder when is enough ENOUGH! I've been collecting seriously since Summer 1974 and I am at the point that I've ran out of room, but the one thing I did do years ago was call a halt on buying new figures. The reason being just how many versions did I want of each monster? Okay there have been some nice figures issued however after the Sideshow line I was content with what I had, are you in the same frame of mind Mike or anyone else?(thumbsu 

11 hours ago, tv horror said:

@Mike Scott As I read your post about the Creature figures and you stating that there were some you did not have made me wonder when is enough ENOUGH!

Never! I don't just have Sideshow figures. I have figures of all sizes and shapes, from a 1" gumball toy to a 2 ft. vinyl creature. Not to mention posters, iron-ons, trading cards, a Frisbee, a beach towel and on and on!

5 hours ago, tv horror said:

I just ordered these beauties and guess WHO makes an appearance on one of the covers?

There's a Bride of Frankenstein cover and (I think) a Wolf Man cover, too.

The Mummy art is by Ed Repka, who has been doing the UM art for the "Super 7" products.

18 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

Never! I don't just have Sideshow figures. I have figures of all sizes and shapes, from a 1" gumball toy to a 2 ft. vinyl creature. Not to mention posters, iron-ons, trading cards, a Frisbee, a beach towel and on and on!

^^ Mike is a true monster (should that be Creature?) fan, I salute you Sir.(worship) 

Mr Welsh is wrong on two counts firstly requests from beyond the grave can be given as witnessed by the death of the great Shay Bradley here in Ireland. Secondly Roger Moore was a huge star long before he starred as The Saint a role which I always enjoyed him playing even as his so called Bond.(thumbsu

32 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

From my local paper this week:

hammer.thumb.jpg.c1d7f380fb8ae9f25a03a9e50977b8f1.jpg

@Cushing Fan 

Great article and thank you for sharing it :-) When I wrote my Peter Cushing biography I spoke with 90 of his fellow co-workers and all of them praised him. I really wish that I could have met Cushing in person. I did meet Lee in person but there was a lot of restrictions which distracted from meeting him. A shame that Lee tried to distance himself from Hammer as those films were watched by the future directors who as a result cast him in the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars franchises. Without Hammer, we probably wouldn't even be talking about Lee today.

1 minute ago, Cushing Fan said:

Great article and thank you for sharing it :-) When I wrote my Peter Cushing biography I spoke with 90 of his fellow co-workers and all of them praised him.

Yes, he had a natural air about him on screen that left you feeling that he was likely a decent chap off it. 

I really wish that I could have met Cushing in person. I did meet Lee in person but there was a lot of restrictions which distracted from meeting him. A shame that Lee tried to distance himself from Hammer as those films were watched by the future directors who as a result cast him in the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars franchises. Without Hammer, we probably wouldn't even be talking about Lee today.

Hmmmm. I'm not so sure...

914801790_WickerMan2.gif.b5e33e65916d77d8481d455d3f804f87.gif

Great article and thank you for sharing it :-) When I wrote my Peter Cushing biography I spoke with 90 of his fellow co-workers and all of them praised him. I really wish that I could have met Cushing in person. I did meet Lee in person but there was a lot of restrictions which distracted from meeting him. A shame that Lee tried to distance himself from Hammer as those films were watched by the future directors who as a result cast him in the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars franchises. Without Hammer, we probably wouldn't even be talking about Lee today.

This is so true, I know I'll get hate mail but I was never fond of Mr Lee's acting (cough cough) Cushing on the other hand was brilliant and a pleasure to watch and possibly the only actor who I shed a tear for when he died, I still have the newspaper on the day he died. (worship):foryou:

28 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes, he had a natural air about him on screen that left you feeling that he was likely a decent chap off it. 

Hmmmm. I'm not so sure...

914801790_WickerMan2.gif.b5e33e65916d77d8481d455d3f804f87.gif

The Wicker Man was one of Lee's greatest roles but had he not become a well known name actor due to his Hammer films would the producers have cast him in their film? Another Hammer connection to The Wicker Man is Ingrid Pitt, who starred in The Vampire Lovers and Countess Dracula. I've met and interviewed Pitt years ago and she was a true delight, fully embracing her career and appreciated her fans. 

Edited by Cushing Fan

9 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

The Wicker Man was one of Lee's greatest roles but had he not become a well known name actor due to his Hammer films would the producers have cast him in their film?

We'll never know.

9 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Another Hammer connection to The Wicker Man is Ingrid Pitt, who starred in The Vampire Lovers and Countess Dracula. I've met and interviewed Pitt years ago and she was a true delight, fully embracing her career and appreciated her fans. 

I can still see her in that tin bath now.... :cloud9:

It's easy to look back with rose tinted spectacles but I feel we'll not see their like again. They existed in simpler times, when everything was done by people, not on some whizz's computer screen.