• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,013 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, tv horror said:

@Gnasher I just noticed something about the Bellboy cover, who the heck is that walking up the front of the building defying gravity? 

I think he might be a window washer. It looks like he's holding a squeegee in his left hand and is tethered to the building. 

47 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

I think he might be a window washer. It looks like he's holding a squeegee in his left hand and is tethered to the building. 

Hold on I'll get my friend to have a closer look!:bigsmile:

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

images (2).jpg

images (1).jpg

images.jpg

download (4).jpg

download (3).jpg

download (2).jpg

By George I think that you're right!

Edited by tv horror

6 hours ago, tv horror said:

@Gnasher I just noticed something about the Bellboy cover, who the heck is that walking up the front of the building defying gravity? 

Unfortunately, I don't know him personally, Maurice, sorry.:wink:

On 11/6/2019 at 6:21 AM, Gnasher said:

Maurice at home, contemplating if he should build a wall to hang a poster...... 

2464fd7e7cf6548ae1072649e5b5b631.jpg

I thought I would stop all those rumours about my life of luxury so I have decided to post some photos as proof.:bigsmile:(thumbsu 

IMG_20191108_180753.jpg

IMG_20191108_180833.jpg

Not my copy but for those of you who love Hammer films and monster movie mags, House of Horror was the premiere British horror import back in the day. Awesome stuff and the first issue has a fantastic cover drawn by the legendary Joe Petagno- who has drawn the classic album covers for rock bands including Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. 

IMG_5464.JPG.23f70f63e174ed3aab666d69bb3abb7c.JPG

1 hour ago, bronze johnny said:

Not my copy but for those of you who love Hammer films and monster movie mags, House of Horror was the premiere British horror import back in the day. Awesome stuff and the first issue has a fantastic cover drawn by the legendary Joe Petagno- who has drawn the classic album covers for rock bands including Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. 

IMG_5464.JPG.23f70f63e174ed3aab666d69bb3abb7c.JPG

Did you ever hear the story about the publisher burning hundreds of this issue just to make it rare.:roflmao: Spoiler alert it never worked! Yes it was a nice little magazine and only ran for about 30 issues and it was fun waiting on the newest issue arriving through the post.

52 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Did you ever hear the story about the publisher burning hundreds of this issue just to make it rare.:roflmao: Spoiler alert it never worked! Yes it was a nice little magazine and only ran for about 30 issues and it was fun waiting on the newest issue arriving through the post.

Tell me more about the publisher burning hundreds of issues- anywhere I can read about it? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Mike Scott said:

Doesn't sound like something Dez would do, to me. 

Yes Dez is a great fella but I can assure you Mike it was from Dez' own mouth he said it was a moment of madness. He had them stored in a lock up and he was unable to sell them so he got a barrel and started to burn them, I'll try to find the interview as I read it decades ago!.