• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,015 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

Well, he did a poor job, 'cause it's one of the easiest ones to find.

Issues numbers 3,4,5,6 are very hard to find and I've been collecting for 46 year! The only copies I ever came across had tape on some of their spines, however they are nice to have.(thumbsu I was also a fan of his Monster Mag poster zine and was so pleased when he decided to reprint the long lost issue 2, At least he never burnt that issue the Customs and excise did the job for him this time..:bigsmile:

download.jpg.69405f55c1b0f16899c5044b62db9c49.jpg

reprint edition

17 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Caroline Munro

I'll probably get hate mail for this but I never warmed to Ms Munro's charms yes she is a beautiful woman but her acting left a lot to be desired.(thumbsu Even in so called provocative poses she just seemed lifeless I've seen paintings with more sex appeal?:devil:

images.jpg.f0b01ef88be7a951b8a817969232e573.jpg

I wish no offence to Ms Munro maybe I'm just getting old, why only the other day a part of me dropped off and I've not been the same since.:bigsmile:

Edited by tv horror
spelling

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

Yes they were trying to push for it to star Barbara Leigh and Peter Cushing as a wizard called Pendragon, Ms Leigh even had publicity photos shot as the character for Warren magazines own publication Vampirella.

images.jpg

Barbara Leigh was a guest at the 1975 Famous Monster's convention in NYC. She was there to promote Vampirella and also in attendance was Peter Cushing as the guest of honor, Ingrid Pitt and Hammer head James Carreras. One of my friends was a runner for the convention and she  had to assist Leigh with her Vampirella outfit as she kept slipping out of it and needed double-sided tape to keep her chest covered lol.

35 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Barbara Leigh was a guest at the 1975 Famous Monster's convention in NYC. She was there to promote Vampirella and also in attendance was Peter Cushing as the guest of honor, Ingrid Pitt and Hammer head James Carreras. One of my friends was a runner for the convention and she  had to assist Leigh with her Vampirella outfit as she kept slipping out of it and needed double-sided tape to keep her chest covered lol.

Drat! I knew there was some lucky people in the World but to meet both Cushing and adjust Ms Leigh WOW.:cloud9:

4 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Last month there was a reading of the original Vampirella --script with Caroline Munro (Hammer's original choice for Vampy before Barbara Leigh) taking part in the reading.

Vampirella --script reading

Vampi can sleep in my coffin any (every) day! <3

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

however we had to leave early as the Ants came for our food.:bigsmile:

They gave her some respect by making her a scientist, then took it away by making her trip, running from the monster (and having to be saved by a man.) 

1 hour ago, Mike Scott said:

They gave her some respect by making her a scientist, then took it away by making her trip, running from the monster (and having to be saved by a man.) 

Yes it wasn't very gall-ANT of them.:bigsmile:

Edited by tv horror