• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,013 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, tv horror said:

I downloaded hundreds and had a cheap printer print them on photo paper that I supplied saving me a fortune.:devil:  The plus was I downloaded in Hi-res and you could not tell the difference. As for the lobby cards I loved seeing those at the front of the cinema, one of the pluses was seeing a black and white film in colour sometimes which was a treat. My favourite were the Harryhausen films.(thumbsu     

download (4).jpg

download (1).jpg

images.jpg

download (3).jpg

download.jpg

download (2).jpg

Something I just found out last weekend was that John Buscema did the story art  for the Dell edition of "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad". GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

20 hours ago, tv horror said:

I downloaded hundreds and had a cheap printer print them on photo paper that I supplied saving me a fortune.:devil:  The plus was I downloaded in Hi-res and you could not tell the difference. As for the lobby cards I loved seeing those at the front of the cinema, one of the pluses was seeing a black and white film in colour sometimes which was a treat. My favourite were the Harryhausen films.(thumbsu     

download (4).jpg

download (1).jpg

images.jpg

download (3).jpg

download.jpg

download (2).jpg

Harryhausen's special effects were the first experienced by my generation (Generation X). The corpus of Harryhausen's work will be admired by generations to come!

On 11/16/2019 at 4:19 AM, Gnasher said:

Front of house cards. I like these kind of things, but just don't have the dosh to buy what I want.

These guys have excellent restored repros of posters and cards in original size, or smaller sizes for the wall space challenged. LCs are $40.00 for a set of 8, or $6.00 for single cards. 27 x 41 one sheets are $50.00.

http://www.morbidmonster.com/ 

Edited by Mike Scott

13 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

These guys have excellent restored repros of posters and cards in original size, or smaller sizes for the wall space challenged. LCs are $40.00 for a set of 8, or $6.00 for single cards. 27 x 41 one sheets are $50.00.

http://www.morbidmonster.com/ 

Cheers Mike, Interesting website. I had to downsize quite a bit over the last couple of years, the space is needed for the missus to do her home dialysis.... so I can but window shop. What did catch my eye, was this poster...

COTD-QuadL.jpg

Mainly because John Lllwellyn  Moxey the director used to belong to a forum that I used to be part of, and  I have to say he was real gent, no ego about him whatsoever. Concentrated mainly on TV work later. notably, The Night Stalker among a whole host of others. I was sad to see that he passed away earlier this year, in April.

Iron Maiden used clips in Bring Your Daughter To the Slaughter video,, and John  was quite touched by that.(thumbsu

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Cheers Mike, Interesting website. I had to downsize quite a bit over the last couple of years, the space is needed for the missus to do her home dialysis.... so I can but window shop. What did catch my eye, was this poster...

COTD-QuadL.jpg

Mainly because John Lllwellyn  Moxey the director used to belong to a forum that I used to be part of, and  I have to say he was real gent, no ego about him whatsoever. Concentrated mainly on TV work later. notably, The Night Stalker among a whole host of others. I was sad to see that he passed away earlier this year, in April.

Iron Maiden used clips in Bring Your Daughter To the Slaughter video,, and John  was quite touched by that.(thumbsu

Great movie poster! 

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Ha ha ha we belonged to the same forum Gnasher I'm still a member Britmovie! I also emailed John a few times about the Nightstalker and he was a quiet man as you say, although he did tell me to send him a photo from the show and he would autograph it for me, guess what I never got it back! He said he liked it too much.:bigsmile::foryou: Sorry to hear about the wife, wish her well and tell her tv horror (Maurice) has her in his thoughts and prayers, God bless. :foryou:

Edited by tv horror