• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,020 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

just noticed it was rated X

but back then even fleeting nudity could garner an X rating

That's the old British "X" certificate, which replaced the "H" (for horror) cert. You had to be at least 16 to see those movies. 

20 hours ago, tv horror said:

Yeah I get all choked up at that scene!:bigsmile: Sam lived about 1/2 mile from me here in Belfast, he must have a credit list a week long. It's a BONESUCKER to be sure.:bigsmile:  

Did you ever interview him Maurice? He was cery prolific in his output, and a real stalwort, go to supporting actor.

1908c2ffb41a1a3cbc852bf1a075d6e6.jpg

14 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

Don't you love the old days, when the actor had to grab the monster's appendages and wrap them around himself. xD

Who needs CGI Mike? A bit of imagination and you're away!   Personally, it was those types of Movies that were the real entertaiment(thumbsu

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Did you ever interview him Maurice? He was cery prolific in his output, and a real stalwort, go to supporting actor.

1908c2ffb41a1a3cbc852bf1a075d6e6.jpg

Nice comic cover of him in his series Orlando, yes I'm old enough that I even remember him when he played the same character in "Crane".:bigsmile: Unfortunately I never met him however at one point I was working on a feature on him but no one was interested as he was not well known, a real shame. Another fact about him is he was a true War hero even suffering through being imprisoned in a Japanese prison camp, something he would never talk about.:foryou: He really loved playing Orlando as he enjoyed children loving the show, strange enough the same happened to William Hartnell (Dr Who) he played every character going yet only became known for a children's show.